Sound differences between USB-SPDIF Converters?

Felix

Hey there,
I want to be able to listen to lossless audio on apple ausic via the wiim amp and for that purpose I think it is best, not to get a DAC since thats already inside the wiim amp, but rather trying to keep the signal digital until its converted inside the wiim amp. So now I am wondering wether there would be any noticable difference in sound when it comes to USB-C to SPDIF converters since they actually keep all the digital information, right? I found a threat regarding this topic where some people recommended this adapter: https://www.amazon.de/Cubilux-TOSLINK-Optisches-Converter-Kompatibel/dp/B09QFYNB7Y It seems to be quite popular but actually I am a little bit confused by how cheap this thing is (25€) and it looks a little bit like plastic-trash. On the other hand there is stuff like the TOPPING D10 for around 100 € with a lot of recommendations online, but - this thing is also it's own DAC. So I am wondering if the price is jsut that high because of the DAC features or is it actually because also the sound of the SPDIF Converter will make a difference? Happy about all opinions, am new to the game.

Best Regards,
Felix

Back