Speed, bits and sampling Freq. info, in Airplay.

jotap_66

Hi:

I am very very happy, with my new WiimPro streamer, bought from Amazon Spain. The support and development areas are impressive. Some little bugs were solved very fast. Congratulations.

I have one doubt. When I play songs using Airplay, from the sources I tested (Amazon Music Prime, Spotify Premium or local, an UPNP/DLNA server) I can’t see the speed, bits or sampling frecuency in the Wiim app. This info is not shown. With other way, Spotify connect, or Chromecast, the info appears correctly.

Is this a little issue?

Thank you

JP

Last edited:
Yes it is capped at 48 KHz.

I was curious about this: ie. 16 bit or 24, and how many Kbps…

I try to enjoy the music 👍😂

Thank you

Hi:

I am very very happy, with my new WiimPro streamer, bought from Amazon Spain. The support and development areas are impressive. Some little bugs were solved very fast. Congratulations.

I have one doubt. When I play songs using Airplay, from the sources I tested (Amazon Music Prime, Spotify Premium or local, an UPNP/DLNA server) I can’t see the speed, bits or sampling frecuency in the Wiim app. This info is not shown. With other way, Spotify connect, or Chromecast, the info appears correctly.

Is this a little issue?

Thank you
See this link re the crapshoot that Airplay 2 is when trying to cast lossless Apple Music https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/apple-music-lossless-mess-part-2-airplay-r1026/

Given that, I wouldn’t hold out on any lossless transmission of other media, so bit depth and sample rate don’t matter. Similarly, in the cases of Amazon Music Prime (as opposed to Unlimited) and Spotify, you’re talking about lossy source material at 256kbps or 320kbps at best so again bit depth and sample rate don’t mean anything. Nor would you use airplay when both have their own cast/connect mechanisms, so airplay is rather moot.

Well, You are right, I have lossy sources but also lossless. I.e. All my local files are FLAC. with an UpNP/DLNA server.

What I wanted to know is why this info appeared in WiimPro mode, ie. Using FLAC files, Chromecast, Spotify Connect but not in AirPlay. As you know Airplay can also use lossless music.

By the way one more question. You say Amazon Prime is not lossless. I think you are right. But do you know what is the lossy format they use?

Thank you

JP

Hi again:

Linkplay support have just known there is a bug in the App info Airplay mode. It will be solved in next days.

Congratulations to LinkPlay support. Impressive support people.

Thank you very much

JP

Last edited:
Back