Spotify audio quality setting

pinknoise

Greetings,
Does anyone know what is the audio quality setting for Spotify on the WiiM Mini?
I mean is the setting in Auto (Variable)? I think it does not follow the mobile phone's setting e.g "Very High", that remote controls it.

Best Regards,

You'll see in the WiiM Home app Now Playing screen what bitrate it's playing at - there's no separate setting. What do you see there?

You'll see in the WiiM Home app Now Playing screen what bitrate it's playing at - there's no separate setting. What do you see there?
The expected 320/16/44. Just wandering though if it's accurate and how does it handle any bandwidth fluctuation. If besides what is the display there, it uses variable bitrate. Since there is no "hardcoded" setting, "Auto", "Low", "High" etc...

Thank you for your reply ;)

Last edited:
Greetings,
Does anyone know what is the audio quality setting for Spotify on the WiiM Mini?
I mean is the setting in Auto (Variable)? I think it does not follow the mobile phone's setting e.g "Very High", that remote controls it.

Best Regards,
I don't think that the settings that are grayed out during playback on Spotify connect will affect playback on WiiM.

I’d imagine Connect by default uses Auto if not High. Plus 320Kbps isn’t very demanding in terms of bandwidth.

I’d trust what the display shows

I’d imagine Connect by default uses Auto if not High. Plus 320Kbps isn’t very demanding in terms of bandwidth.

I’d trust what the display shows
Yeap, same here, although there are times that my ears tell me otherwise, but it might be just my ears ;)

Back