Spotify: Which one should I choose?

pulpfxn

When I want to play Spotify on my Mini, I have two to choose from as below. Which one should I choose?

1000217972.jpg

To be honest, given it’s Spotify it probably doesn’t matter. I can’t find a definitive list of what the speaker icons mean (I think some represent speakers, others amps, grouped speakers, or Chromecast targets etc (not applicable for a mini)) but I’m sure in the case of the Mini, both are Spotify Connect.

Thanks very much.
To be honest, given it’s Spotify it probably doesn’t matter. I can’t find a definitive list of what the speaker icons mean (I think some represent speakers, others amps, grouped speakers, or Chromecast targets etc (not applicable for a mini)) but I’m sure in the case of the Mini, both are Spotify Connect.

If you in the WiiM-app go to devices

Click on Prefences/Settings:
IMG_5601.jpeg

Rename:
IMG_5602.jpeg

There you can write WiiM Mini so it is easy to recognize when you hit the Device-button on Spotify:
IMG_5604.jpeg

This display is a little strange. Usually, the speaker icon refers to the device as a Google Cast endpoint.
IMG_20240816_142415.jpg

The other icon refers to the device as a Spotify Connect endpoint.
IMG_20240816_142344.jpg

Normally, I do not see both at the same time.

I got a firmware update yesterday, and I don't recall seeing two Wiim Mini entries before that. Maybe it's a bug?

Not spotify, but I sometimes see both a chromecast and tidal connect option in the tidal app where it's normally just the tidal connect that's shown.
Reboots of various devices (normally just the tablet) fixes it => some sort of network discovery glitch?

I got a firmware update yesterday, and I don't recall seeing two Wiim Mini entries before that. Maybe it's a bug?
Either that or it's Spotify mixing things up.

It especially weird that there is no three dot menu to the right of the first WiiM entry:
Spotify.png

The Mini is displayed as one device supporting only Google Cast (like your Chromecast Audio) and one device supporting Spotify Connect.

What happens if you click the three dots after the second entry and change that to Google Cast?

Today I only have the amp symbol with the three dots. When I press the three dots I get this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-16-21-22-04-19_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-16-21-22-04-19_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 22
Back