Spurious beeps and bongs

Avocette

When I leave my WiiM Amp in standby, there are often (about twice and hour) beeps and bong sounds emanating from the speakers, and the status LED goes bright again showing active mode. I can’t be certain, but I don’t think this happened before yesterday’s updating of the firmware and WiiM Home Apps. I’m using WiFi internet connection and the settings say that the 5Gz field strength is ‘Very Good’. Sorry if this is a known bug…..

Is it perhaps switching to a different input? Maybe some device is connecting and disconnecting via Bluetooth, or auto-sense mistakenly thinks there's something coming through line-in or optical.

Yes - the beeps and bongs were the same as occurs when switching the audio input to Bluetooth and then to HDMI. They first occurred when the input was a WiFi radio source, and then in standby as mentioned in my earlier post, and then thirdly with TV as the HDMI source. Throughout, I had the auto-sense set to switch on optical/HDMI, so I have now turned that off. During the beeps and bongs the TV audio via HDMI was silenced for a short time. The automatic switching I need when the TV is turned on, and subsequently off, does operate directly with the new firmware without requiring auto-sense of audio activity. Fingers crossed that the beeps and bongs have ended…….!

Back