Subwoofer auto-on

dimangiful

I have issues getting the subwoofer to wake-up. Essentially the sub-out works, but I need to crank up the volume, or find a bass heavy track to get my subwoofer to wake up. Often times, I'm just listening to music in the background and can really recognize the subwoofer waking up in the middle of a track.

I have Amphion Helium 510 speakers, subwoofer connected via marmitek subwoofer anywhere 640 (wireless transmitter). Cross-over frequency at 80Hz. It's the wireless transmitter that doesn't turn on, it's probably tuned to expecting a full range of frequensies. The wireless transmitter has 2 channels, but I only use one for subwoofer's LFE in. One thought I had was to split the speaker out to both speakers and the wireless transmitter. Either only from one channel (since I only use 1 channel for sub), or just stop using the sub-out entirely. Not really an expert here, so wonder if there's some drawback.

One thought I had was to split the speaker out to both speakers and the wireless transmitter. Either only from one channel (since I only use 1 channel for sub), or just stop using the sub-out entirely. Not really an expert here, so wonder if there's some drawback.
Not exactly sure I understand how this wireless transmitter works (and if it might switch both channels independently), but generally speaking you could give it a go.

The standard answer for a traditionally wired system would be:
Reduce the gain (volume) on the subwoofer side, increase in the WiiM Home app.

Richtig...aber doof ist trotzdem ;) die waren von der ersten Minuten mit vollen Hosen auf der Platte. Und heute hat sich unser Trainer ein bisschen vercoacht.
Darauf trinken wir bei Gelegenheit ein leckeres Füchschen.
Oder ein leckeres Fiege.
Da bin ich flexibel.

Not exactly sure I understand how this wireless transmitter works (and if it might switch both channels independently), but generally speaking you could give it a go.

The standard answer for a traditionally wired system would be:
Reduce the gain (volume) on the subwoofer side, increase in the WiiM Home app.
I didn’t think of the increasing the gain on wiim. I will try that first. Thanks!

I have issues getting the subwoofer to wake-up. Essentially the sub-out works, but I need to crank up the volume, or find a bass heavy track to get my subwoofer to wake up. Often times, I'm just listening to music in the background and can really recognize the subwoofer waking up in the middle of a track.

I have Amphion Helium 510 speakers, subwoofer connected via marmitek subwoofer anywhere 640 (wireless transmitter). Cross-over frequency at 80Hz. It's the wireless transmitter that doesn't turn on, it's probably tuned to expecting a full range of frequensies. The wireless transmitter has 2 channels, but I only use one for subwoofer's LFE in. One thought I had was to split the speaker out to both speakers and the wireless transmitter. Either only from one channel (since I only use 1 channel for sub), or just stop using the sub-out entirely. Not really an expert here, so wonder if there's some drawback.
I have the same issue. When i listening to radio the subwoofer kick in en then after few seconds stop working and so on. Switch off auto on function.

Just tested adding the gain. I set it to +12dB now. So far it seems this is a proper solution, subwoofer wakes up on very modest volumes.

Back