The Ultra is hot! 🔥

TSHRED

I had to drop my voltage to the lowest setting to get a handle on my volume control at my preamp.

I'm running fixed volume.
On my Pro Plus I could drop it to 1 volt and it was okay.
With the Ultra set at 2 volts I can barely get past 7:00 on the preamp dial before it gets loud. With the setting in the picture 2:00 starts to get loud.

The sub out is hot also. I had to turn the volume on my sub down quite a bit.

I don't think this is a problem but it was just kind of shocking.

Thoughts on why this is?

Screenshot_20240909_145658_WiiM Home.jpg

Pro Plus and Ultra should behave just the same. 2 Vrms are 2 Vrms. This has been the standard (although not an official one) since the advent of CD players.

AVA seem to not publish any specs for their pre-amp regarding input sensitivity. What's the power amp? No other changes to the system, just the Ultra instead of the Pro Plus?

Pro Plus and Ultra should behave just the same. 2 Vrms are 2 Vrms. This has been the standard (although not an official one) since the advent of CD players.

AVA seem to not publish any specs for their pre-amp regarding input sensitivity. What's the power amp? No other changes to the system, just the Ultra instead of the Pro Plus?
Just the ultra is the only change.
I have an odyssey cyclops amplifier.
I'm slowly getting it dialed in. I just noticed the pregain settings that were not on the Pro Plus

Pre-gain has been introduced to the other models as well. It's not exclusive to the Ultra.

Maybe, before you start making a lot of changes, you should try resetting the Ultra, so you can be sure that everything is back to its default settings.

Pre-gain has been introduced to the other models as well. It's not exclusive to the Ultra.

Maybe, before you start making a lot of changes, you should try resetting the Ultra, so you can be sure that everything is back to its default settings.
Thank you I think I've got it figured out.

These settings give me the best flexibility for my volume control. I use ethernet and I use Optical in.Screenshot_20240909_161653_WiiM Home.jpgScreenshot_20240909_161759_WiiM Home.jpg

Back