Tidal Connect or Tidal Chromecast?

Fjellrot

Hello dear WIIM fellows! As a newbie: my Tidal changes between Connect and Chromecast without me knowing what causes it. With CC a get 24 bits, with Connect 16 bits according to Wiim home.
Any suggestions?

/F

Sorry, no suggestions for you, but just to note that within Tidal I only get one or the other option for my Pros.
Normally there is just a Connect option, but I have had a few occasions where one of the Pros only has a Chromecast option, and I don't know why.
A restart of Tidal and/or the Pro usually resolves this - i.e.back to just the Connect option.

As for 16 vs 24 bits, well, if it's the same stream then one surely can't have more than the other, right?!

Thank you Mr Ee!
I've now seen that it could change with switching access point within the same router.
No problem, just curious.
TC shows the exact bitrate, 16 bits and CC shows as mentioned 24 bits. The sound seems quite similar and great.
It's my first sound streamer. It all started with my wife fixing a Tidal family account. Great complement to my turntable.

/F

Thank you Mr Ee!
I've now seen that it could change with switching access point within the same router.
No problem, just curious.
TC shows the exact bitrate, 16 bits and CC shows as mentioned 24 bits. The sound seems quite similar and great.
It's my first sound streamer. It all started with my wife fixing a Tidal family account. Great complement to my turntable.

/F
Switching access points - interesting.
My pro that had this issue was on wifi.
Not that it happened very often anyway, but I've not had this since I put a wired connection in that room.

Back