Trigger cable for Ultra

Maurizio

Major Contributor
Hi to all
I would like to use a Trigger cable between the Ultra and my Topping D50 Pro Sabre. However, I am completely incompetent in this regard.
I need help. On Amazon I found this:
Would this be okay for the purpose? If not, can you suggest a short cable I could use? Possibly on Amazon.
I tried to do a search, but I don't know what kind of cable to choose.
Thanks for the help.
I have to use the cable because the Topping has an on/off if it doesn't receive a signal for a minute. It worked perfectly with the Mini connected to the Topping via SPDIF. Now, with the Ultra connected to the Topping via USB the On/Off via the signal no longer works.
Cable i would use for trigger pourpose.jpg

Hi to all
I would like to use a Trigger cable between the Ultra and my Topping D50 Pro Sabre. However, I am completely incompetent in this regard.
Would this be okay for the purpose? If not, can you suggest a short cable I could use? Possibly on Amazon.
Thanks for the help.
I have to use the cable because the Topping has an on/off if it doesn't receive a signal for a minute. It worked perfectly with the Mini connected to the Topping via SPDIF. Now, with the Ultra connected to the Topping via USB the On/Off via the signal no longer works.
View attachment 10233
Hi, @Maurizio

Glad to see you again. Have you been to the beach yet this year? 😁

No problem with that cable, you can use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable.

BTW, have you checked the auto-standby setting on the Topping DAC remote? I think you need to press the "AUTO" button on the remote to set it to "A-0".

Hi @Wiimer
It's nice to hear from you again too. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll buy the cable I posted. No, I haven't tried it with the remote, I will. I have to say that without touching the remote with the Mini it worked fine.
I had set the On/Off from the Topping touchscreen. I can choose Signal or Trigger.
I had set Signal. I haven't touched anything since then, so when I connected the Ultra the setting on the Topping was unchanged.
Another strange thing is that before the Topping was completely cold or barely warm. Now it's much warmer. 🤔

Hi, @Maurizio

Glad to see you again. Have you been to the beach yet this year? 😁

No problem with that cable, you can use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm aux cable.

BTW, have you checked the auto-standby setting on the Topping DAC remote? I think you need to press the "AUTO" button on the remote to set it to "A-0".
Hi @Wiimer
Sorry, I forgot. I went to the beach from mid-May to the end of July. Now it's too damn hot to even think about going to the beach.
I've barricaded myself in the house with two air conditioners on full blast. 😂 😂 ;)

But the mini was optical, the ultra is usb.
Maybe signal over usb doesn't work / work the same?

Hi @Wiimer
It's nice to hear from you again too. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll buy the cable I posted. No, I haven't tried it with the remote, I will. I have to say that without touching the remote with the Mini it worked fine.
I had set the On/Off from the Topping touchscreen. I can choose Signal or Trigger.
I had set Signal. I haven't touched anything since then, so when I connected the Ultra the setting on the Topping was unchanged.
Another strange thing is that before the Topping was completely cold or barely warm. Now it's much warmer. 🤔
My Topping D30 pro also has stopped working on optical with auto-standby. It works on Coax. It is true that the DAC connected to Ultra seems to be warmer than before. (It might be my imagination...)

Hi @Mr Ee and @Wiimer
An answer for both. Regarding the auto On/Off, I did an experiment. Connecting the Mini to the Topping D70 via SPDIF the auto On/Off works perfectly. This was the connection to the Topping before having the Ultra.
If I connect the Ultra to the Topping via USB it no longer works.
So I think it has something to do with the USB. As if it continued to pass signal even when the music stopped. I opened a ticket.
No, @Wiimer , it's not your immagination.
The DAC, connected to the Ultra is really much warmer.
I don't understand why. 🤔

Hi to all
Thanks for the help.
View attachment 10233
Yes, it will work with that cable

Hi @Mr Ee and @Wiimer
An answer for both. Regarding the auto On/Off, I did an experiment. Connecting the Mini to the Topping D70 via SPDIF the auto On/Off works perfectly. This was the connection to the Topping before having the Ultra.
If I connect the Ultra to the Topping via USB it no longer works.
So I think it has something to do with the USB. As if it continued to pass signal even when the music stopped. I opened a ticket.
No, @Wiimer , it's not your immagination.
The DAC, connected to the Ultra is really much warmer.
I don't understand why. 🤔

Thus this may be necessary. 🤗
1000006585.jpg

Does your DAC only get warm when connected via USB?

Mine seems to get a little cold at night.

Thus this may be necessary. 🤗
View attachment 10240

Does your DAC only get warm when connected via USB?

Mine seems to get a little cold at night.
Hi
I need to investigate more, then I will let you know. It could also be the fault of the torrid temperatures we are having. Until last month the temperatures were definitely more reasonable. We went from a maximum temperature of 29° to one of 36°. 😣 😣 ☹️
Maybe I'll follow your example and equip myself with a battery of fans.😂😂

Hi @Wiimer @Frans
The small trigger cable has arrived and i’ve placed it. I’ve changed the settings of my Topping from Signal to 12v and now it works perfectly.
Music on Topping on. Music off Topping off.:)

Back