Turn off email notifications not working

slartibartfast

Major Contributor
I've turned off all Forum email notifications after turning on push notifications but still they come. How do I kill them completely?

I've found it very hit and miss in the past tbh - sometimes I wouldn't get any email notifications even though they were on, and I'd toggle them back off and on with no luck. Maybe logging out and back in might trigger the change. The forum is based on Xenforo so maybe googling that or check out the Xenforo forums might offer some clues.

What I found after turning them off is that I still got notifications for any chat that I had contributed or followed prior to turning them off. Didn't get notifications for anything new as far as I know but the number was drastically lowered. Maybe unfollowing some of the more chatty old threads could help?

I've turned off all Forum email notifications after turning on push notifications but still they come. How do I kill them completely?

Is this the kind of screen you did? I'm not sure how this forum works and I sometimes ponder it...

When I tapped the link in the notification email, I was sent here.
Screenshot_2024-05-31-23-20-52-874_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Is this the kind of screen you did? I'm not sure how this forum works and I sometimes ponder it...

When I tapped the link in the notification email, I was sent here.
View attachment 7479
Haven't seen that screen before. I turned them off in preferences and later from the Watched Threads list as well. I'll see what happens.

Funnily enough I did this the other day.

At the top of the forums you’ll see two bars - the first starts with Forums, What’s New, Members, etc.

The second starts with Forum List, Find Friends, and Watched.

Click on the drop down arrow to the right of Watched and you get Watched threads and Watched forums.

Click on Watched threads. Now look way over to the right, you’ll see a box ‘Manage watched threads’. Again, click on the drop down arrow, then click on the top option, which is ‘Disable email notifications’.

Worked for me, though it took a day or so to work through.

Funnily enough I did this the other day.

At the top of the forums you’ll see two bars - the first starts with Forums, What’s New, Members, etc.

The second starts with Forum List, Find Friends, and Watched.

Click on the drop down arrow to the right of Watched and you get Watched threads and Watched forums.

Click on Watched threads. Now look way over to the right, you’ll see a box ‘Manage watched threads’. Again, click on the drop down arrow, then click on the top option, which is ‘Disable email notifications’.

Worked for me, though it took a day or so to work through.
Yup did that and also selected all the watched threads and disabled again for good measure. They seem to have stopped now 👍

Back