Ultra and Tidal Playback stopping in the middle of songs.

Zphvrq

Hey everyone,

So far we are loving our Ultras but we are noticing that many times will put a playlist together and it will just stop playing in the middle.

This is a behavior we used to get from our Sonos and I was hoping that would not be the case with the Wiim Ultra.

We have eight units playing simultaneously and they all stop at the same time so there's something happening at the operating system level it seems.

Most of my units are plugged in through Ethernet and a couple of them are with Wi-Fi connections.

All of them are 1 GB switches, they have about 100 MB download speed from the internet which is not been having any struggles during the day I checked my speed test and it's always a full speed.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with tracks stopping randomly in the middle of a playlist and what have you done to solve it?

Again this is coming off of title but we've also experienced the same thing when we're playing music off of our local NAS drive.

Jeff

I am still having this problem after the last firmware update?

Is anyone else having playback problems with Tidal playback skipping or stopping for no reason?

My family is getting tired of having to restart playlists with 30-40 songs over and over throughout the day.

This is getting to be less reliable than my old Sonos. Never thought I would say this but might return these Ultras while I still can, wait for 1 more year, then try again.

This is supposed to be a STREAMING device not a SKIP AND STOP DEVICE.

I really wished a Wiim expert support person could just jump on my network (with permission of course) and simply observe and diagnosis this problem in real time.

These 48-96 hour email cycles are now getting frustrating and the worst part is they are not getting fixed.

Remorsefully,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please allow us a few more days to address the issues using your diagnostic logs. We're doing our best to resolve this for you. In the meantime, could you please toggle the Preferred DNS setting in the WiiM Home App? To do this, go to the Device tab, tap the settings gear icon, select Network Status, and then Preferred DNS.

Thank you for your assistance and patience!

The setting is currently on I'm assuming when you say toggle it do you mean turn it off.

It would be massively more helpful if you clearly stated if you want it on or if you want it off.

Or if you expect it to change state to the opposite State not knowing what it's in currently?

For your information all of the devices have it turned on I will turn it off.

Jeff

The setting is currently on I'm assuming when you say toggle it do you mean turn it off.

It would be massively more helpful if you clearly stated if you want it on or if you want it off.

Or if you expect it to change state to the opposite State not knowing what it's in currently?

For your information all of the devices have it turned on I will turn it off.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the confusion. I meant for you to turn the setting off if it’s currently on. Some ISPs don't work well with Google DNS (8.8.8.8), which is used when this option is enabled. Please give it a try and see if it helps.

It's all done and we are testing it now.
As I mentioned IPv6 was also on and I turned that off as I don't think I'm using that here.

It's all done and we are testing it now.
As I mentioned IPv6 was also on and I turned that off as I don't think I'm using that here.
Thank you. If you encounter any further issues, please send us another feedback ticket. Our engineers are actively working on resolving these problems.

Hi Jeff,

Our engineers identified the issue in your devices, caused by a software bug that occurs with super-fast networks (we're impressed!). We’ll be rolling out a firmware fix within the next 24-48 hours, and your device will be whitelisted for the update. Please stay tuned! Thank you again for your assistance and patience.

Back