Ultra Sync Issues

AudioAmore

Previous, I had a Pro Plus hooked up to my stereo system. I could link to two other WiiMs across my home. I bought an Ultra to replace the Pro Plus in my stereo system. The sync to the other WiiMs worked for a short while, but now I cannot get the others to play.

All WiiMs are up to date. I’ve rebooted them all several times. Each one will play individually, but once I link them all to the Ultra, I get sound inky from the Ultra…and not via any of the linked units.

Interesting, if I use one of the other WiiMs as the primary and link the Ultra, they play fine. But this isn’t the configuration I want. I want the ultra to be the main, so I can use it in my system for my phono, my cd transport, and my streaming…and use the others as satellites.

I appreciate any help you can give me!

Interesting, if I use one of the other WiiMs as the primary and link the Ultra, they play fine. But this isn’t the configuration I want. I want the ultra to be the main, so I can use it in my system for my phono, my cd transport, and my streaming…and use the others as satellites.

I appreciate any help you can give me!
It should definitely work the way you want it, too. But I'm afraid that nobody hasthe magic hint for you. It did work initially, it stopped working for no obvious reason.

You can try the typical tricks (reboot your router and WiiM devices, uninstall and reinstall the WiiM Home App and so on). But if there is something really strange with your Ultra's configuration, only WiiM will be able to tell from the device logs when you send them feedback through the WiiM Home App.

It should definitely work the way you want it, too. But I'm afraid that nobody hasthe magic hint for you. It did work initially, it stopped working for no obvious reason.

You can try the typical tricks (reboot your router and WiiM devices, uninstall and reinstall the WiiM Home App and so on). But if there is something really strange with your Ultra's configuration, only WiiM will be able to tell from the device logs when you send them feedback through the WiiM Home App.
Hmmmmm. Ok. Don’t like the sound of that, lol, but I appreciate your response! Thanks so much!

Update:

Somehow, things seem to be working again. 🤞🏻

I reinstalled the app. Same issue. Then did a factory reset on the ultra. Same issue. Then I tried, again, tried exploring the line in/optical in sound settings. I updated the line in resolution, and when it played the test tone/music…voila! It played through the synced WiiMs.

I have no idea why this was the magic bullet, but I’m going to just leave it alone from here….

Back