USB DAC

EvilGnome6

I'm considering the WiiM Amp for my desktop setup but one of my requirements is a USB DAC for my computer. Does the WiiM amp currently support this? Could it support this with a firmware update?

I'm considering the WiiM Amp for my desktop setup but one of my requirements is a USB DAC for my computer. Does the WiiM amp currently support this? Could it support this with a firmware update?
If you plug a USB DAC into Pc you can use Line In on Amp if that’s what you mean?

If you plug a USB DAC into Pc you can use Line In on Amp
True, If I'm going to use the line in I could run from the headphone out, too. Currently I use my desktop DAC/Streamer primarily for streaming and switch to USB when I need to get on a call or listen to a video.

I guess a USB Dongle DAC is an option if the analog out is problematic.

Still, the configuration of the WiiM Amp makes it ideal for a desktop setup and using USB out from a PC is a very popular option.

Agreed that USB DAC support would have been a good feature (the Arylic B50 and NAD D 3045 both have it). You might want to consider getting a USB -> Optical adapter (pretty inexpensive) and then use digital Optical instead of USB as an option. Not perfect, but better than LINE IN which would be analog.

If it helps I have a WiiM Mini plugged into a HiFi that sits on my desk by my PC but I have a USB DAC plugged into PC into a Line In on the amp. When I want audio from PC for a teams or zoom etc I just switch inputs for the duration.
It’s not a WiiM Amp but it could be. It makes no difference.

I have a USB DAC plugged into PC into a Line In on the amp.
I think the only thing I would lose is that my Mac Mini senses when I switch away from the USB on my DAC/Pre and automatically switches to its internal speaker. That way I can still hear notifications, etc. on the crappy internal speaker while I'm streaming music. When I switch my DAC/Pre over to USB, the Mac Mini senses it and switches over to USB automatically.

Back