voice control Alexa

notokey

Hello guys,

i just bought the wiim pro but o dont know how to skip/ pause song with alexa.

So i have a echo studio connected the aux cable to the wiim box (line out) and the music is playing through airplay. everything is working fine but when I ask alexa to skip song it say it cant do that.

so my question is, does alexa works only with built in streaming and bluetooth but not when the connection is through a coaxial cable?

It’s nothing to do with the cable, Alexa will only control a music stream it initiates or is involved with - if you are using airplay which is anathema to Alexa and echo or echo related devices like the WiiM, it has no awareness of the audio stream.

b
It’s nothing to do with the cable, Alexa will only control a music stream it initiates or is involved with - if you are using airplay which is anathema to Alexa and echo or echo related devices like the WiiM, it has no awareness of the audio stream.
but through bluetooth it seems that is working

so I connected the Wiim box to the echo studio through Bluetooth and I AirPlay from my phone to the Wiim box and when I ask Alexa to skip it skips but naturally the sound quality over bluetooth is unbearable so is not a option for me

damn a bought complete set up just to get rid of the HomePod and next would be the iPhone but this seems so difficult to make it work with non apple devices and get a decent sound quality

You are sending the music playing on your iOS device to the WiiM pro via Airplay and outputting it on the Echo studio connected via aux cable, right?

In that case Siri in iOS would be useless?
(I don't have iOS.)

You are sending the music playing on your iOS device to the WiiM pro via Airplay and outputting it on the Echo studio connected via aux cable, right?

In that case Siri in iOS would be useless?
(I don't have iOS.)
Actually that was the original idea to connect the wiim box with echo studio through aux and then just alexa on studio to skip songs what is transmitted through wiim box whether is airplay or google cast.

but the alexa voice control is only working if connect the echo studio and wiim box through bluetooth

siri doesn't have a role here. just wanna use alexa as the main voice control

It possibly works with Bluetooth because real echo devices support Bluetooth and therefore can recognise and control a connection. Protocols like AirPlay and Chromecast are not native to Alexa devices hence it can’t be expected to be able to communicate with those protocols.

When you cast using airplay or Chromecast, the Alexa cloud service has no way of knowing about such connections so can’t interact. Have you tried simply using the wiim’s remote control buttons to do what you want?

Back