Volume control Tidal

Quanticus

Happy with the Ultra!
Could you help me with the following: - volume control in the Tidal app; it’s increasing with predefined steps, it’s starts with +4 and when the volume hits 40, the next step +10 to 50. I want to be in control of these steps. The question is, is this Wiim or Tidal app (iOS) related?

Another small thing is that I do get streaming quality info in the Wiim app with Tidal, but not when I’m streaming Spotify or YouTube Music. And do you guys have a YouTube casting option, I’m not able to cast from YouTube :(

Could you help me with the following: - volume control in the Tidal app; it’s increasing with predefined steps, it’s starts with +4 and when the volume hits 40, the next step +10 to 50. I want to be in control of these steps. The question is, is this Wiim or Tidal app (iOS) related?
The Tidal app on Android supports 1% steps, at least up to 40%, not sure about higher levels. The WiiM Home App (just as the physical remote) uses 3% steps from zero to 99. So yes, it's totally up.to the iOS app developed by Tidal.

Another small thing is that I do get streaming quality info in the Wiim app with Tidal, but not when I’m streaming Spotify or YouTube Music.
Spotify ... errr ... kindly asked makers of Spotify Connect compatible gear to no longer display the sampling frequency,but depth or bit rate. :)

Don't know about YouTube Music. How are you currently streaming that? Chromecast?

The Tidal app on Android supports 1% steps, at least up to 40%, not sure about higher levels. The WiiM Home App (just as the physical remote) uses 3% steps from zero to 99. So yes, it's totally up.to the iOS app developed by Tidal.

Spotify ... errr ... kindly asked makers of Spotify Connect compatible gear to no longer display the sampling frequency,but depth or bit rate. :)

Don't know about YouTube Music. How are you currently streaming that? Chromecast?
Yeah I turned on the Chromecast feature in the Wiim app and the Ultra is available as a casting device, but not when trying to cast from YouTube.

Re Spotify, see https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/no-bitrate-info-display-via-spotify-connect.4212/

Re YouTube (as opposed to YouTube Music), I recall you can’t use Chromecast unless you’re using it in the Chrome browser and using its feature to Chromecast audio.
Thnx for sharing! And to bad, luv a same like approach across apps…

Donno if I’m going to replace my Volumio streamer, since I have a better cast experience and I can’t live without the Now playing feature on my tv.

To cast YouTube, open the Google home app and cast audio to Ultra. Then simply play the video in the Youtube app.
I can also use the TV YouTube app :) the use case for me is that there are some nice DJ mixes on YouTube and I’m not (always) interested in the vid…

Any change Wiim will develop a now playing web service? Would be really great and for me at that point an alternative for my Volumio streamer…

Back