Volume plays at max

garethsnaim

Hi, loving this little amp, however I am running into the occasional issue. When starting a track (via roon as an LMS endpoint) the volume will be at maximum even though the volume indicator on the wiim is at 1. If I twiddle the knob a bit then it realises the mistake and the volume jumps right back down to where it should be.

This has happened a hand full of times, not the end of the world because I am right in front of it. But my parents want one now to replace a stack of hifi and I worry that they will be clueless if this happens to them.

Volume setting in roon is fixed, no other devices on roon in my house have this behaviour so I have to assume the wiim.

Any thoughts?

When it happens, please submit a ticket thru the WiiM Home app under settings/feedback so WiiM can inspect your device logs for clues as to why this happened.

Does it exhibits this behaviour if Roon sees it as a ChromeCast endpoint?

I’d also check your LMS player settings under Player/Extra Settings/Audio to make sure you don’t have, say, the volume control set at fixed 100%

Hi will send feedback when it happens again. To be clear its very rare and not every time, I have not tried chromecast.

I sent one 497613, happened today at around 9.07 am

I set the roon app to device volume rather than fixed volume but the same issue happened. The wiim volume was at around 1 light but when playing a tune its maximum volume until I turn the knob then it jumps to the right volume.

Oh an also the wiim app for windows 11. I clicked it, and nothing happens, nothing in task manager no mention of a crash. Just does not load.

Back