Which Wiim device for USB out into a USB only DAC?

jtgofish

I have a Wiim pro which I like and which I am using in a system with an Accuphase DAC with optical input.I have another system with a modified Krell CD player which is converted into a USB only input DAC .It uses Amenaro 384 USB and Ian Canada input boards.Which Wiim device outputs USB which will work with this DAC?

We aren't talking about SPDIF to USB converters though. Even a Raspberry Pi USB output works into a DAC. In fact why not try a Pi before you try anything else?

We aren't talking about SPDIF to USB converters though. Even a Raspberry Pi USB output works into a DAC. In fact why not try a Pi before you try anything else?
I have a Squeezebox which works with USB into that DAC but it is glitchy with Tidal .I also like the Wiim app with Tidal as it seems more user friendly.

I have a Squeezebox which works with USB into that DAC but it is glitchy with Tidal .I also like the Wiim app with Tidal as it seems more user friendly.
Fair enough. Have you tried the LMS Connect plugin that lets you share from the official Tidal app? Not ideal but I think it still works.

So technically I can use USB out to a Aiyima t9 ? Will the sub out from the Wiim amp still work ? Or would I use the Aiyima sub out ?

Last edited:
Back