Wiim Amp mutes itself after stand-by?

iliab

I often find when I turn off the TV, then back on, -- I need to unmute the Amp via the app or adjust the volume on the TV so the CEC signal tweaks the amp's volume. Otherwise I get silence! It's challenging to be forced to interact with the amp just for this reason. I can do optical, but that would remove the volume adjustment via TV, no? The TV is a Vizio e-70 with latest firmware. HDMI ARC and CEC work fine otherwise.

I have the same issue, sound is muted whenever i change source or line input. I then have to adjust the volume bar or pause it and then push play again for the sound to come back.

I assume it's a safety function in case the the volume is to loud on selecting another input or source, wouldn't it be better just to temporary pause the signal for a few seconds when changing source or input then it activates again say after 5 seconds.

Do you have per-source volume control turned on under your audio input settings in the WiiM app? If so, that should remember the last volume setting each input was set at and will change to that when you change input.

I have the same issue, sound is muted whenever i change source or line input.
To be precise, my issue is that the amp mutes itself and sleeps when I turn off the TV, then successfully detects the TV is back on, wakes up, but STAYS MUTED. I'm about to try the optical cable but if there's no CEC/volume adjustment from the source, I think this amp will be getting returned. I've gotten nowhere even after an allow-list for a special firmware patch and multiple interactions with the support team. I am specifically looking for a small form factor amp with an HDMI ARC that can do reasonably good audio, but alas, with this issue not sorted this makes this amp no more valuable to me than the similarly priced type D amps.

Does it show as muted in the WiiM Home app if this is happening?

Per-source volume control enabled or disabled?

Does it show as muted in the WiiM Home app if this is happening?

Per-source volume control enabled or disabled?
yes indeed the app shows the "x" over the left end of the volume slider. Per source volume was enabled, then after a factory reset I disabled that with no effect on the behaviour.

yes indeed the app shows the "x" over the left end of the volume slider. Per source volume was enabled, then after a factory reset I disabled that with no effect on the behaviour.
I'd say it's most important then that you send feedback to WiiM through the WiiM Home app (Settings >> Send us feedback).

This sounds like a bug to me, not a feature. WiiM might be able to analyse it using your device logs.

I'd say it's most important then that you send feedback to WiiM through the WiiM Home app (Settings >> Send us feedback).

This sounds like a bug to me, not a feature. WiiM might be able to analyse it using your device logs.
Thanks, and done deal, I now have two support tickets logged (got the whitelist and firmware update initially, alas thay didn't help).

I am running out of time on the 1-month purchase return window, so as much as I am impressed with the WiiM product, I will be parting ways with this amp, to possibly revisit later.

Back