Wiim Amp no sound

Barnesy

Wiim Amp looks to be playing but no sound ive tried re configuring factory settings, checked speaker connections, un installed and re installed app audio output to speakers still no luck

Just found it will play through my Sonos soundbar when I select Family Room via Air Play but when I select Wiim Amp via Air Play nothing?

New speakers? Old speakers?
You can check your speakers with any battery, just connect the plus and minus wire to the opposite contacts.

Audio Output set to Speaker Out?

What's your source?

brand new speakers were working fine initially audio output set to speakers using spotify

What do you mean by "initially"? Did they work initially with the WiiM Amp?

Important information.

Loose cable ends or proper banana plugs? Double check for any shorts, then triple check again.

Did both speakers stop working at exactly the same time? Anything else that changed?

banana plugs bot speakers no sounds same time I'm thinking I changed something in the settings which created the "no sound" but I reconfigured to factory settings

Does Spotify show the WiiM Amp as a Spotify Connect target when you tap the speaker icon on the now playing screen?

If so, when you tap the 3 dot icon to the right of the Amp's name, do you see the choice between Spotify Connect and Google Cast?

checked all connections with speakers shows the wiim amp as a spotify connect target and when I tap on that it shows under current device wiim amp-E348 no choice between spotify connect and Google cast

I connected one of the speakers to a 12V battery and I could hear crackling so I'm figuring the speakers are working

did you enable google cast when setting up the amp doesn't really matter much in the end as spotify connect should work straight away so you say that the spotify what's playing screen does show spotify streaming to the wiim amp do you have a bluetooth output device like headphones to try if other audio output settings like bluetooth might work your problem seems to be rather unusual if speakers are working ok it's even more surprising that both channels stopped working at the same time makes it unlikely that but not impossible that there's a problem with the amp's output stage

no bluetooth headphones although I can connect Sonos sounbar via app and it plays

when I received the Wiim Amp the remote wouldnt work so they've refunded me the difference hoping its not the same for the amp

when I received the Wiim Amp the remote wouldnt work so they've refunded me the difference hoping its not the same for the amp
Screenshot_2024-05-28-10-22-52-701_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Please check again. Is the audio Output set to speaker Out in the device settings of the WiiM home app?

Also, if you tap "My Music" in the browse menu and play the music file in your phone's storage, will there be sound from the speakers?

yep audio output is set to speaker out if I tap My Music theres no music in the my music library

yep audio output is set to speaker out if I tap My Music theres no music in the my music library
If you allow the WiiM home app to have storage permissions, you will see the "Phone" folder as shown in this image. You can play your phone's ringtone files on your WiiM.
Screenshot_2024-05-28-11-18-22-626_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Sorry for the rudimentary question, but make sure your WiiM volume and volume limit are set properly.

If the volume limit is set to 0%, there will be no sound.
IMG_20240528_112352.jpg

Volume slider
IMG_20240528_112322.jpg

I don't have any more ideas...
Have you consulted support about this?

When you submit a support ticket through the WiiM app feedback, the device log will be sent along with it to help resolve the issue.

Back