Wiim Home App - MinimServer

Bismarck

My tracks are all manually tagged, (I think) in a standard way and without errors.
Using Wiim Home App as DLNA client and MinimServer as DLNA server, I can indeed see all the tracks without problems.
Unfortunately, though, in the now playing screen of the Wiim Home App, for each track, I see the Composer tag instead of the Artist tag (which is always present and correct).
Why?
What can I do to correct this problem?

Raise a ticket please. I think I saw that too yesterday and meant to raise a ticket but was distracted and forgot. Thanks for spotting it.

Edit: although in my case it might have been when I was running a jukebox mix from AssetUPnP. I’ll check

What can I do to correct this problem?
The iOS WiiM Home app currently uses the last artist tag delivered by the server (the Android app uses the first) which for MinimServer happens to be Composer:
Code:
<upnp:artist>Name of track artists</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">Name of album artist</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist role="Composer">Name of composer</upnp:artist>

If you have the licensed version of MinimServer you should be able to temporarily fix this with the configuration property:
Code:
upnpCustom: roleType={}
This instructs MinimServer to only send the tag that contains the track artist(s).

Hopefully this won't be needed in the long term as WiiM Support informed us yesterday that they are making some DLNA related changes to the WiiM Home app over the coming weeks.

Raise a ticket please. I think I saw that too yesterday and meant to raise a ticket but was distracted and forgot. Thanks for spotting it.

Edit: although in my case it might have been when I was running a jukebox mix from AssetUPnP. I’ll check
Raised ticket #506883

The iOS WiiM Home app currently uses the last artist tag delivered by the server (the Android app uses the first) which for MinimServer happens to be Composer:
Code:
<upnp:artist>Name of track artists</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">Name of album artist</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist role="Composer">Name of composer</upnp:artist>

If you have the licensed version of MinimServer you should be able to temporarily fix this with the configuration property:
Code:
upnpCustom: roleType={}
This instructs MinimServer to only send the tag that contains the track artist(s).

Hopefully this won't be needed in the long term as WiiM Support informed us yesterday that they are making some DLNA related changes to the WiiM Home app over the coming weeks.
Thank you.
Out of curiosity, how do you inspect the tags delivered by the server?

Thank you.
Out of curiosity, how do you inspect the tags delivered by the server?
You can't inspect the tags delivered, but you can monitor the data that's sent.

From MinimWatch select Show Log and change the log level to Trace.

This does generate a LOT of data (the log window only displays the most recent X lines but the full content is available in the MinimServer log) so only enable it around the action you want to monitor (before selecting an album to view it's track listing).

You're looking for the content between the DIDL tags, which can be formatted using an online formatting tool.

Just remember to change it back to Info afterwards.

From WiiM Support:
"The next version of the WiiM Home app is expected to fix this issue."

Hi Team,

Our new app has resolved this issue and is scheduled for release late this week. Please stay tuned!
Hi.
I have installed the latest version of the WiiM Home app and indeed the issue is fixed.
Unfortunately, though, the issue is still present in the saved Favorites in the WiiM Home app.
Why?
What can I do?
TIA.

Hi.
I have installed the latest version of the WiiM Home app and indeed the issue is fixed.
Unfortunately, though, the issue is still present in the saved Favorites in the WiiM Home app.
Why?
What can I do?
TIA.
From memory the metadata associated with the track at the time it was saved is stored, so you'll likely need to favourite it again.

I know there are problems with bookmarks but I can't remember if the same applies to favourites so I'll take a look later before you go and recreate everything.

From memory the metadata associated with the track at the time it was saved is stored, so you'll likely need to favourite it again.

I know there are problems with bookmarks but I can't remember if the same applies to favourites so I'll take a look later before you go and recreate everything.
Thank you very much.

I'm still waiting for the updated Android app so things may have changed - although there's nothing in the release notes to indicate such.
Storing favorites is fine as the URL and metadata are saved just like when it's being added to a playlist, but Bookmarks (the stars next to indexes and albums) are best avoided because they currently rely on internal browsing IDs that don't - necessarily - persist across server rescans.

When adding a track to a playlist/favourite the app needs to store the metadata as I don't think there's a way in the UPnP spec to request it from the server, so you're going to need to recreate those.

Last edited:
Back