WiiM home app on WiiM Ultra touchscreen?

jtucker

Would it be possible to run the WiiM home app directly on the touch screen without using phone or ipad? Would the current hardware support that? My current use case is for a stand alone streamer and headphone amp. It would be nice not to need an external phone/ipad.

I would doubt that the Ultra has the hardware and underlying o/s and libraries to support the WiiM Home app. If it had merely been a matter of porting the existing Android app to different hardware, then I’m sure WiiM would have already done that.

I'm guessing that the hardware is probably more than capable. The OS is probably not compatible though. I'm sure it would need to be ported over from iOS. It would be nice to have a completely stand alone player.

I'm guessing that the hardware is probably more than capable. The OS is probably not compatible though. I'm sure it would need to be ported over from iOS. It would be nice to have a completely stand alone player.
The h/w from memory is a quad core a53 with 512MB RAM using Tina Linux. An iOS port (or even an Android port) would be challenging I’d guess. I don’t see it happening

Back