WiiM Mini Power Adapter

QuarryHunslet

This is mainly aimed at UK owners of the WiiM Mini, but may be relevant to others as well.

I have seen a number of comments on the forum about the WiiM Mini being supplied with a power adapter.

My WiiM Mini devices did not come with a power adapter supplied, and I was wondering whether this was the situation for other UK purchasers?

My WiiM Pro, and WiiM Pro Plus devices did include a power adapter, but not the WiiM Mini.

I have downloaded the user manual version 1.7 dated 2022-10-12 , and here’s a screenshot of the WHAT’S IN THE BOX section, and there’s no mention of “only for US”.

IMG_0443.jpeg
@Mr Ee, where did your version come from, and what number is it?

Downloaded off the Amazon AU mini listing.
Version 1.6
2022-10-18

Strange how the version number is lower but the date is newer. :unsure:

This is mainly aimed at UK owners of the WiiM Mini, but may be relevant to others as well.

I have seen a number of comments on the forum about the WiiM Mini being supplied with a power adapter.

My WiiM Mini devices did not come with a power adapter supplied, and I was wondering whether this was the situation for other UK purchasers?

My WiiM Pro, and WiiM Pro Plus devices did include a power adapter, but not the WiiM Mini.

My Mini has the supplied power adapter. Purchased from Richer Sounds less than 4 months ago.

Downloaded off the Amazon AU mini listing.
Version 1.6
2022-10-18

Strange how the version number is lower but the date is newer. :unsure:
Very strange, I have now downloaded the user manual from the Amazon UK, and Amazon US listings, and they are both the same version 1.7 dated 2022-10-12.

First the UK version
Image 12-10-2024 at 11.08 am.jpeg

Then the US version
Image 12-10-2024 at 11.10 am.jpeg

Very strange, so the US version is cheaper, and includes a USB Power Adapter.

You were lucky then, mine were purchased from Amazon UK in February, and March this year, and don't have the power supply.

I took it for granted, but yeah, I do feel fortunate now. I'd be pretty disappointed otherwise. Can't be an Amazon UK only issue, surely? Stock turnover must be much greater at Amazon than any high Street dealers though.

Here's the serial number of mine if its any use. I'll omit the last 3 digits for the moment

01JL240803xxx

I took it for granted, but yeah, I do feel fortunate now. I'd be pretty disappointed otherwise. Can't be an Amazon UK only issue, surely? Stock turnover must be much greater at Amazon than any high Street dealers though.

Here's the serial number of mine if its any use. I'll omit the last 3 digits for the moment

01JL240803xxx
Mine are 01JL231504xxx, so are probably older stock.

Likely due to EU regs ‘limiting’ cables, Power supplies. They are ‘concerned’ with the proliferation of those.

If you have an extra Apple 5V USB power supply you may like that better than the WiiM Mini’s.

Likely due to EU regs ‘limiting’ cables, Power supplies. They are ‘concerned’ with the proliferation of those.

If you have an extra Apple 5V USB power supply you may like that better than the WiiM Mini’s.
Could be. Phones often don't come with chargers now.

Back