WiiM Pro Firmware v4.8.622165 Update - Jul 4, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Pro update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

4.8.622165 (Latest)

Release date:

7 / 4 / 2024

What's New:

1. DLNA Behaviors Enhancement: Added support for loop and shuffle modes in DLNA playback.
  2. TIDAL Connect Enhancements: Fixed playback stops, loop and shuffle issues, and incorrect playing status. Correct metadata now displays in multi-room audio.
  3. HTTP API Update: Updated to provide browse and control Presets.

Bug Fixes:

1. Alarm Behavior for Spotify Connect: Fixed alarm not stopping automatically when duration ended.
  2. Pop Noise Reduction: Resolved occasional popping noises occurring at 16-bit/44.1 kHz or 16-bit/48 kHz.
  3. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.

Last edited:
Perhaps, subwoofer out via COAX output? Dual purpose for digital and analogue outputs. I remember somewhere in the forum about it. It is difficult for me to understand if that's even possible.

Given the history of the previous cancellation of that plan, it is highly unlikely that it will ever be realized.

Please review the WiiM Pro update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

4.8.622165 (In progress)

Release date:

7 / 4 / 2024

What's New:

1. DLNA Behaviors Enhancement: Added support for loop and shuffle modes in DLNA playback. Also, enables seamless DSD audio file playback via DLNA.
  2. TIDAL Connect Enhancements: Fixed playback stops, loop and shuffle issues, and incorrect playing status. Correct metadata now displays in multi-room audio.
  3. Subwoofer Output Enhancement: Optimized mono output for enhanced subwoofer sound quality.
  4. HTTP API Update: Updated to provide browse and control Presets.

Bug Fixes:

1. Alarm Behavior for Spotify Connect: Fixed alarm not stopping automatically when duration ended.
  2. Pop Noise Reduction: Resolved occasional popping noises occurring at 16-bit/44.1 kHz or 16-bit/48 kHz.
  3. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.

Why does the In-app Changelog for the WiiM Pro 4.8.622165(Latest) NOT list "Also, enables seamless DSD audio file playback via DLNA."??
Was the DSD Audio Support NOT to be Released??
Also, the In-app Changelog correctly excised #3 Subwoofer Output Enhancement.

How exactly does “Added support for loop and shuffle modes in DLNA playback” manifest itself in the UI?

I have long asked for the ability to have a “shuffle by album” capability. I use Asset UPnP on a Synology NAS to serve my music library.

As I browse by genre (Classical) to artist (Beethoven) and then “Album”, I am presented by all my “albums” by Beethoven. In my system, a classical album is a complete work, as in a four movement symphony.

And yet I see no button to press to “shuffle” those albums.

So what, exactly, does the newly added “shuffle mode in DLNA playback” mean?

Hmmm. Is that all it is? What I have been waiting for is a “shuffle” button that would present itself at appropriate points in browsing my music.

In this example, I am showing all my albums (works) by Aaron Copland. I want a “Shuffle Play” button somewhere (shown here at the bottom) that would randomize this list and play the complete album, then move to the next, etc.

IMG_2934.jpeg

In this example, my DLNA software, Asset UPnp, has presented a random list of albums from my entire classical genre. I want the “shuffle play” button here, or even a regular play button, which would work through this list, playing a full album before moving to the next.

IMG_2935.jpeg

An acceptable alternative would be to have an “Add to queue” on either of these pages, and then the “shuffle play” button when you start playing the queue. Note, however, that it needs to shuffle the ALBUMS and not the TRACKS in those albums.

My 23-year old Audiotron , and my 17-year old iPod Classic could do this. iTunes on Windows can do this today.
My

Hmmm. Is that all it is? What I have been waiting for is a “shuffle” button that would present itself at appropriate points in browsing my music.
I appreciate that you want this in the WiiM Home app but there's been little progress in DLNA browsing for quite some time now. Have you looked at BubbleUPnP as it has exactly what you need?

Last edited:
Hi simbun, Team

We are making some DLNA-related modifications to the WiiM Home App. We plan to release these improvements later next week. Please stay tuned for updates!

Re: BubbleUPnP. I’ve had that suggested to me many times, but I’m an iDevice user, and it doesn’t run on iPhones or iPads. Sigh.

Re: DLNA improvements. I certainly hope they include this shuffle request. Otherwise you’re just giving me false hope.

If “shuffle by album” isn’t there after this next DLNA update, maybe I just break down and buy an Android tablet to run BubbleUPnP. Any suggestions for a small tablet that doesn’t need to be fancy, as it would primarily be used for Wiim control only?

Re: BubbleUPnP. I’ve had that suggested to me many times, but I’m an iDevice user, and it doesn’t run on iPhones or iPads. Sigh.

Re: DLNA improvements. I certainly hope they include this shuffle request. Otherwise you’re just giving me false hope.

If “shuffle by album” isn’t there after this next DLNA update, maybe I just break down and buy an Android tablet to run BubbleUPnP. Any suggestions for a small tablet that doesn’t need to be fancy, as it would primarily be used for Wiim control only?

Don't bother with dnla.

Ummmm….ok?

What is the alternative for my situation?
  • All music files on a Synology NAS running DSM 7
  • iPhone and iPad user
  • Six Wiim devices throughout the home
  • Must be a solution that has support in some form
  • As close to “install and go” as you can get
I spent 42 years in the high tech industry in Silicon Valley, and after dealing with software my entire life, I now have zero desire for a solution that requires fiddle-farting around with Docker containers…Linux…Java…command line interfaces or configuration…open source software…GitHub…etc.

I want to download and install software that “just works,” and if I have to pay for it, I will.

Given that use case, what do you suggest as an alternative to DLNA?

Ummmm….ok?

What is the alternative for my situation?
  • All music files on a Synology NAS running DSM 7
  • iPhone and iPad user
  • Must be a solution that has support in some form
  • As close to “install and go” as you can get
I spent 42 years in the high tech industry in Silicon Valley, and after dealing with software my entire life, I now have zero desire for a solution that requires fiddle-farting around with Docker containers…Linux…Java…command line interfaces or configuration…open source software…GitHub…etc.

I want to download and install software that “just works,” and if I have to pay for it, I will.

Given that use case, what do you suggest as an alternative to DLNA?
Checked JPLAY?

Android Tablets - that's the fun in that there are a countless number of them with almost every variation of internal hardware, external ports, physical sizes, add-on bloatware, and prices. Welcome to the land of Choice!!

• iPhone and iPad user
Musicstreamer will see your NAS files as a Samba drive if you make it visible as a network share

It will allow you to add an album(s) to your play queue and then shuffle the sequence before you start playback

It will see your Wiims as Airplay endpoints

"3. HTTP API Update: Updated to provide browse and control Presets."

I was wondering where I could find documentation about this. The API doc seems to be unchanged. TIA!

WiiM didn't respond to you directly so I'd be surprised if they introduce functionality to queue multiple albums from an index, as it's actually quite a complicated task.

Ummmm….ok?
Just ignore @rccarguy. Unless you're using LMS and Android he thinks you're a moron.

Last edited:
Back