WiiM Pro Plus and Echo Links and multiroom vinyl, oh my!

DaveChevalier

Hello all -

I posted this on Reddit today about this but wanted another set of minds to give me some advice.

So here’s what I *have* -

1. Turntable without internal preamp.

2. External preamp with RCA in/out.

3. Amplifier to passive speakers.

4. 2nd set of powered speakers for another room.

5. Many Echo devices (cylinder, Dots, Shows)

6. Plexamp serving up high res and other lossless files.

7. Spotify, Apple Music, etc. streaming services

At the moment, I also have two WiiM Pro Plus devices that are still new in box.

Here’s what I would LIKE to do:

Turntable is hooked in through preamp into amplifier with passive speakers in one room.

I want to transmit the audio from the turntable into the main room of the house. The distance and configuration of the house precludes running additional speaker wires. Originally, I was going to use a WiiM Pro device and configure it for multiroom to stream the audio to all of the echo devices I have all over the house.

Then I found out that the WiiM line in audio cannot be streamed to Echo devices (after I bought one). As far as I know, I can still stream the line in audio between two WiiM devices, so I can hook the powered speakers into one WiiM and add in the other into my signal chain for the source audio.

I would like to be able to send the audio to all of the other Echo devices in my home. So I heard about the Echo Link, and thought that perhaps by adding that into the signal chain, I would be able to both send audio between the two WiiM devices as well as stream to any/all of the Echo devices. But then I’m reading on the Amazon page that it does not use line in as a source. “Echo Link does not support TV/video connections, casting to multi-room music from a line-in or Bluetooth input, or the Amazon Music Unlimited Single Device Plan.” so I haven’t invested in one yet.

Sooooo….how can I accomplish the following:

1. Stream vinyl output into another room, and preferably all rooms.

2. As digital streaming goes, I have a Fire HD that is connected into the signal chain for that part, or I can use the WiiM app to control that, as well as using Plexamp as a DLNA server for all local audio.

I understand there will be quality loss from the vinyl source yes, but I’m willing to accept a reasonable compromise in order to have audio everywhere. if I want original quality, I will just sit in the room with the turntable and play it through that system.

Is what I’m looking to do possible with the combination of WiiM devices, Echo Link, and the Echo devices?

Thanks for reading my novel!

TL;DR: I want vinyl audio and streaming audio to speakers or Echo devices in every room of my house, using WiiM and Echo Link, if it’s even possible

Back