Wiim Pro Plus Sound Quality problem

Ghee

Hello!
Has anyone encountered the error below? You need a good sound system and a good ear to detect the error!
The error is as follows: The sound quality from Tidal Connect is excellent until I stop the music or skip a track. The error is present on all outputs. Good sound quality is restored by switching the output, for example, to Coax and then back to analog during Tidal playback. I could compare the change in sound quality to 320kbps MP3 music dropping to 192kbps after stopping and restarting it. the spatial effect, the treble transmission and the control of the bass also deteriorate. If I don't stop Tidal or skip tracks, the sound quality remains excellent. The error is extremely annoying. I assume some firmware update messed it up. I sent a error ticket, with more feedback as soon as the error became clearer. I received a response to try a different output (and forward it to their engineers), but I've already tested them all and the situation is the same. I could take it in for service, but it is difficult to demonstrate this fault, it requires good audio and a good ear. I already regret buying this product. (sorry for the bad english)

Hello!
Has anyone encountered the error below? You need a good sound system and a good ear to detect the error!
The error is as follows: The sound quality from Tidal Connect is excellent until I stop the music or skip a track. The error is present on all outputs. Good sound quality is restored by switching the output, for example, to Coax and then back to analog during Tidal playback. I could compare the change in sound quality to 320kbps MP3 music dropping to 192kbps after stopping and restarting it. the spatial effect, the treble transmission and the control of the bass also deteriorate. If I don't stop Tidal or skip tracks, the sound quality remains excellent. The error is extremely annoying. I assume some firmware update messed it up. I sent a error ticket, with more feedback as soon as the error became clearer. I received a response to try a different output (and forward it to their engineers), but I've already tested them all and the situation is the same. I could take it in for service, but it is difficult to demonstrate this fault, it requires good audio and a good ear. I already regret buying this product. (sorry for the bad english)

Have you tried Qobuz?

Have you tried Qobuz?
I tried it with Spotify (not with a free account), same thing. something in the wiim crashes at this point. And when switching Wiim output back and forth, it gets back to normal.

Back