WiiM Pro Random reboot

ViewfinderNYC

Just bought a WiiM Pro after using a WiiM mini for about a year. I’m using it only as a streamer (wifi). It’s being powered by my Cambridge AXA35 integrated through the Cambridge’s 5v - 500mA USB line and is connected to my Musical Fidelity DAC via toslink.

The issue I’m having is that the WiiM Pro randomly reboots during listening sessions. I know that the Cambridge is a stable power supply and that there are no wifi dropouts. After the a minute or so, the WiiM Pro goes through a full reboot and comes back online.

Does anyone know if this a software bug or is it just that I have a faulty unit?

Just bought a WiiM Pro after using a WiiM mini for about a year. I’m using it only as a streamer (wifi). It’s being powered by my Cambridge AXA35 integrated through the Cambridge’s 5v - 500mA USB line and is connected to my Musical Fidelity DAC via toslink.

The issue I’m having is that the WiiM Pro randomly reboots during listening sessions. I know that the Cambridge is a stable power supply and that there are no wifi dropouts. After the a minute or so, the WiiM Pro goes through a full reboot and comes back online.

Does anyone know if this a software bug or is it just that I have a faulty unit?
Have you tried using the power adapter that came with your WiiM pro to see if it resolves the issue?
WiiM pro requires a power supply of 5V 1.5A or higher.

I'd try it first with its supplied PSU and if you still get the issue, raise a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section in the app
I started using the supplied PSU and moved to the Cambridge in the hopes that the issue was the PSU. I'll raise a ticket as you suggest. Thanks!

Looks like a factory reboot solved the problem. The WiiM Pro automatically updated to the latest firmware after the factory reboot and I haven’t had the problem since.

Back