Wiim Ultra issue with HDMI ARC pausing randomly

Etudes.2024

I have the Ultra connected to my LG OLED C1 using the HDMI ARC connection. The sound is great, and I like that the Ultra recognizes when I turn on the TV and switches over to HDMI-ARC input. Watching a movie last night, connected to a 4k Blu-ray player, I noticed the sound drop out for a second and come back on. On the Ultra screen it showed the PAUSE icon then immediately back to PLAY. Over the course of a 3-hour movie it probably happened 10 times. I haven't reported it to "feedback" yet, wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and found a solution.

Thanks

I have the Ultra connected to my LG OLED C1 using the HDMI ARC connection. The sound is great, and I like that the Ultra recognizes when I turn on the TV and switches over to HDMI-ARC input. Watching a movie last night, connected to a 4k Blu-ray player, I noticed the sound drop out for a second and come back on. On the Ultra screen it showed the PAUSE icon then immediately back to PLAY. Over the course of a 3-hour movie it probably happened 10 times. I haven't reported it to "feedback" yet, wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and found a solution.

Thanks
Hi Etudes,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

This is a known issue, and we will release a new firmware update today to fix it.

Warm regards,
WiiM Support

Hi Team,

The issue has been fixed in the latest versions released today (Aug. 5th). The WiiM Amp firmware is now 5.0.625359, and the WiiM Ultra firmware is 5.2.625360. Please check if this resolves the issue. If not, please contact us.

Hi Team,

The issue has been fixed in the latest versions released today (Aug. 5th). The WiiM Amp firmware is now 5.0.625359, and the WiiM Ultra firmware is 5.2.625360. Please check if this resolves the issue. If not, please contact us.
Does this fix the same issue on the optical input?

I’ve had similar issues with HDMI ARC causing random pauses. It could be related to HDMI handshake problems or settings in either the Ultra or the TV. Try checking for firmware updates for both devices, and ensure that all HDMI cables are securely connected. If the problem persists, contacting support might be the next step.
So does the update fix your issues?

Happy to report the update fixed the issue I reported above. Nice work WiiM support !
Hi Team,

Back