WiiM Ultra it freezes when playing hi res files

Pitax87

Hello, I noticed that my new WiiM ultra freezes when playing 24 bit 192 kHz files from TIDAL. Also switching between songs is slow, a bit faster on 16/44 but it is not smooth either. The device is connected by cable to the router, high speed fiber optic internet. Has anyone experienced similar problems? I can still return the device, so if this is the norm for it, I will probably do so

I have same network connection and 24/192 plays without any problems.

Maybe a second longer to change track compared to low resolution but nothing I have noted before. Works fast.1000003726.jpg

Hello, I noticed that my new WiiM ultra freezes when playing 24 bit 192 kHz files from TIDAL. Also switching between songs is slow, a bit faster on 16/44 but it is not smooth either. The device is connected by cable to the router, high speed fiber optic internet. Has anyone experienced similar problems? I can still return the device, so if this is the norm for it, I will probably do so
Try to reboot and see if that fix it. If not raise a ticket on wiim app so they can look at your log what’s causing it.

You say you're connected by cable to the router -- I assume there are no switches in the way. But, back to the cable, what type is it? You might want to try a different cable, or check the connections as they could be defective.

I have a WiiM Ultra (and also a Pro & Pro Plus) connected via wireless and have no problem with 24/192K material.

Back