Wiim Ultra Surround

Raanan

I wonder if wiim can come out with a product that is exactly the same like the Wiim Ultra, only with 5.1 outputs, instead of 2.1.
I know that today stereo listening is more trendy then home cinema, but I am sure that there is a market for people that are interested in killer stereo system that can also make decent surround experience. Wiim Ultra already have hdmi arc support, they just need a few more outputs.
I myself would love to get rid of my avr. High end avrs are extremely pricey, and usually their stereo sound isn't that good. They have way too many inputs and outputs that nobody use (who really care for 11.2 set up?). With a product like "Wiim Ultra Surround" you will be able to choose your own power amplifier and get much better sound, at much lower cost.

Back in days AVR was hot tech now they just want simplicity of sound bar and streamer. This is why many brand speakers have gone out of business or merge from one to other. Where’s Boston acoustic? Where’s energy speakers? Just name a few.

There’s a niche for anyone who solves the problem of mixing AV soundbars with stereo for music.

I would be happy with 3.1
I also. The center channel is what makes the difference in watching movies. When you watch films in stereo there is many times a problem that it's hard to hear the dialogue and that the soundtrack is too loud. The center channel solve it.
I think that what many people hate about home cinema is the cables that runs to the rear speakers.

Wiim should offer DTS/DD decoding and downmixing, I've found my AV processors sound better with native decoding and downmixing rather than PCM output from the TV/Kodi box.

Back