A question about Linkplay

GimmeShelter

I'm ditching sonos and moving to WiiM and have a question about a new multiroom set up.

At the moment i have a sonos beam and 2 x sonos one as my surround sound set up - i will be keeping these

I have a sonos amp connected to 2 floor standing Fyne Audio F501's - I have now replaced this with a Wiim Ultra and 2 Fosi V3 monoblocks (what an upgrade)

I have a sonos one SL in my kitchen - i'm thinking of replacing with an Audio Pro A10 / or Audio Pro C5

I have a Sonos Move in my bedroom and i also take this into the garden - i'm thinking of replacing this with an Audio Pro C3

My question is, will i be able to have multiroom with this new set up and can i can control all speakers from within the WiiM Home App?

My understanding is that i can control all these due to linkplay but i will not be able to use seperate EQ or room correction unless i was to connect the speakers to a WiiM Mini?

Is this correct or am i missing something?

I'm also open to suggestions for other set up's to replace the Sonos One SL and Sonos Move

Last edited:
No room correction on a WiiM mini unfortunately pro pro+ and ultra only
I think you can use eq in different rooms I am still using my Sonos speakers in conjunction with the WiiM software and grouping still works maybe someone can confirm eq on those speakers

No room correction on a WiiM mini unfortunately pro pro+ and ultra only
I think you can use eq in different rooms I am still using my Sonos speakers in conjunction with the WiiM software and grouping still works maybe someone can confirm eq on those speakers
How are you using your sonos speakers in conjunction with the WiiM software for grouping, I didn't know this was possible?

How are you using your sonos speakers in conjunction with the WiiM software for grouping, I didn't know this was possible?
I have the WiiM ultra plugged into my 5s and I use sono+ widget app to group my speakers and control volume
I am still on 16.1 but it should work on new app as sonophone does

I just made the switch from over a decade with Sonos to a LinkPlay based system. I am using three WiiM Pro+ and three AudioPro A10s for whole house audio.

Grouping is not too dissimilar from Sonos. Just select the device(s) in the app and add them. One difference (that I would like to see changed) is the playback session is locked to the original device and can't be "transferred" to another device in the group (you can't remove the original device from the group, only the devices added).

The AudioPro and WiiM devices mostly play together seamlessly, although I found it easier to first setup the AudioPro devices using the AudioPro app. Some things about the AudioPro app are nice--it's cleaner and looks better in my opinion, but it doesn't have the advanced WiiM features.

Room correction is available on the Pro+ and it works well for me.

I just made the switch from over a decade with Sonos to a LinkPlay based system. I am using three WiiM Pro+ and three AudioPro A10s for whole house audio.

Grouping is not too dissimilar from Sonos. Just select the device(s) in the app and add them. One difference (that I would like to see changed) is the playback session is locked to the original device and can't be "transferred" to another device in the group (you can't remove the original device from the group, only the devices added).

The AudioPro and WiiM devices mostly play together seamlessly, although I found it easier to first setup the AudioPro devices using the AudioPro app. Some things about the AudioPro app are nice--it's cleaner and looks better in my opinion, but it doesn't have the advanced WiiM features.

Room correction is available on the Pro+ and it works well for me.
How do you find the sound on the Audio Pro compared to Sonos?

The AudioPro A10s are replacing Sonos Ones. Two as a stereo pair on the back patio, and one that serves as "portable" music to bedrooms, shops, and the garage depending on needs.
I think the A10s sound superior to the Ones. Mostly they have a wider and more even dispersion, but I think also a broader frequency response and clarity. Nothing shockingly different, but they are superior. Less sensitive though. They're not for critical or focused listening in my setup, just background music.

Am I correct in thinking that once I have my Audio Pros powered up they will appear on the WiiM app for grouping with my WiiM ultra?

Am I correct in thinking that once I have my Audio Pros powered up they will appear on the WiiM app for grouping with my WiiM ultra?
Yes. Once they are set up and configured. Like I said above, I found initial setup and configuration to go better with Audio Pro app for these. But once that is done they look just like the WiiM devices on the WiiM app.

Back