About chromecast audio quality

mangotam

I upgrade from wiim mini to pro version cause i want the chromecast to play youtube music

But the sound quality of Chromecast is really bad...it dispaly as 24bits but Detail lost even worst than i use the amp aptx Bluetooth ..

Any idea what going on?

I upgrade from wiim mini to pro version cause i want the chromecast to play youtube music

But the sound quality of Chromecast is really bad...it dispaly as 24bits but Detail lost even worst than i use the amp aptx Bluetooth ..

Any idea what going on?
I didn't quite understand what you mean. I too have the Pro and I tried to use Chromecast on the Qobuz native App, as there is still no Qobuz Connect function. It should come, but we don't know when. If it will come and it's not like Spotify HD ads.
Well, I got 24/96 without any problems. My external DAC reports 96Khz and the sound is absolutely perfect.
I've stopped using it though because CC gives me yes 24/96 and this could be Ok, but not gapeless playback. Function that is absolutely necessary if you also listen to classical music.
So I switched to using BubbleUPnP, where not only can I use the Gapeless feature, but I get to 24/192. BUPnP is however only for Android.
On the IPAD I use MConnect. MConnect is less full-featured than BUPnP, but it works with IOS and works fine.
One more thing, BUPnP and MConnect, only see, amongst streaming services, Qobuz and Tidal

Youtube music has a maximum sound quality of 256kbps. You can't play 24bit on ChromeCast. In other words, you should get about the same sound quality whether you use Bluetooth or Chromecast.

Back