App never finds device

jwoodywild

Even after deleting and reinstalling the app (google pixel 7) the app never seems to find the Wiim Amp. It just spins and spins. I have no idea what is going on. The app and the device are on the same network. Very frustrating. Happens every....single....time. Makes the device not usable. What is going on????

Only similar issues I had is when a VPN was active on my cellphone and also when on a mesh network and one device was 2.4GHz and the other 5GHz yet with same SSID.
What are the IP addresses of the 2 devices? If not both something like 192.168.1.x there may be issues. Check if you have 5Ghz only set, roaming off if using mesh and IPv6 off if not using it.

Let’s do a process of elimination. Grab a computer and connect it to the same wireless network as the phone and download the desktop app for Windows or Mac then see if those see the Amp. If everything is connected to the same Wi-Fi SSID then it should be on the same network and should be detected by an app. If nothing still then do a hard reset on the amp. Again, make sure everything is connected to the same SSID. If you know the IP of the amp try pinging it and see if it replies. If no reply then something is wrong with your network configurations.

Even after deleting and reinstalling the app (google pixel 7) the app never seems to find the Wiim Amp. It just spins and spins. I have no idea what is going on. The app and the device are on the same network. Very frustrating. Happens every....single....time. Makes the device not usable. What is going on????
Is your WiiM wired or are you using WiFi? Switch the WiiM to use WiFi and try again.

Back