Apple Music and playlists

Knacker

Apologies but I think I must simply be thick. I am trying to play Apple Music through the iPhone to the ProPlus. Something I can't work out is that the music on my Mac (combination of CDs copied over, bought music and music that I've downloaded using Apple music subscription) does not all appear on the WiiM app but is on the music app on the iPhone. I've tried syncing numerous times. The playlists are not the same either. An old version of playlists exists but in the iPhone list not on the My Playlists in the Browse tab on the WiiM App. Anyone offer any help or explanation as to what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Did you ask this on the WiiM Facebook page recently? Sounds like you have some tracks in your iCloud music library but not on your Mac/iphone. You’ll need to download them to your device so that the WiiM app can see them - it can’t see the contents of your iCloud library.

Thanks for the reply. Hadn't asked this on the facebook page. I've tried downloading them to the iPhone directly (switching off the cloud music sync stuff) and then syncing but to no avail. Something very strange. On the playlists (which has appeared on my iPhone not on under 'My Playlists' in the WiiM app, I've noticed that very briefly I get a message when selecting certain tracks to play that says 'This music only available in the iCloudMusic Library part of the Apple Music subscription service and not allows to play'. Does this mean that the music tracks which I have downloaded to play through Apple Music under their subscription service cannot be played through the WiiM app full stop?

Thanks for the reply. Hadn't asked this on the facebook page. I've tried downloading them to the iPhone directly (switching off the cloud music sync stuff) and then syncing but to no avail. Something very strange. On the playlists (which has appeared on my iPhone not on under 'My Playlists' in the WiiM app, I've noticed that very briefly I get a message when selecting certain tracks to play that says 'This music only available in the iCloudMusic Library part of the Apple Music subscription service and not allows to play'. Does this mean that the music tracks which I have downloaded to play through Apple Music under their subscription service cannot be played through the WiiM app full stop?
Ok re Facebook - it’s just your question (and the error message you just mentioned) is very similar to a question I answered on FB a day or so back.

Tracks you downloaded via your Apple Music subscription are only available to the iOS Music app for DRM reasons - the same happens with Amazon Music and other streaming services otherwise it would leave an open door for those tracks to be copied to CD etc.

The WiiM Home app can only access non-DRM protected files that you have on your device, say tracks you have ripped from your own CDs or have purchased as DRM free tracks. It can’t access tracks in your iCloud library either that you may have uploaded or purchased, while of course the iOS Music app, being in Apple’s walled garden, can.

The best you can do is use the iOS Music app and AirPlay the tracks to your Pro Plus but Apple constrain AirPlay 2 to lossy 256kbps AAC so you’ll not get lossless hi res playback.

Thanks explains (I think) everything although not too sure why the sync for playlists does what it does.
The My Playlists entry under My Music in the WiiM app again just refers to playlist of local (and NAS) tracks you might have unrelated to any streaming music service. Playlists in the iOS Music app are again separate and syncing would be between its playlists and iCloud I would imagine, and maybe what you have on your Mac too.

Back