Artwork not showing on USB thumb drive

Mariohead

I got my Wiim Ultra this week and am loving it. It’s been working nicely so far, save for some issues with artwork not showing on a couple of albums. Upon checking the files on my USB, there’s a folder called “wiim cache” and inside is a folder marked “art cache”. True enough, the albums with the missing artwork are not in this folder. Is there a program to attach album art for these albums? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Files.db and wiim_cache are the result of WiiM indexing your collection, neither should be changed manually.

Are those albums missing artwork in your collection? All you need to do is place a folder.jpg inside the album folder containing the tracks.
Album Art Downloader is a useful tool for scraping services for artwork.

Last edited:
Files.db and wiim_cache are the result of WiiM indexing your collection, neither should be changed manually.

Are those albums missing artwork in your collection? All you need to do is place a folder.jpg inside the album folder.
Album Art Downloader is a useful tool for scraping services for artwork.
The cover art is inside the album folder together wih the flacs. But for some reason it doesn’t show on the wiim. My other albums have the cover art and are detected by wiim. I hope that makes sense.

So in this case i just create a new folder.jpg folder inside the album folder? And inside the folder.jpg is the album art? Or just rename the album art as “folder”?

Last edited:
The cover art is inside the album folder together wih the flacs. But for some reason it doesn’t show on the wiim. My other albums have the cover art and are detected by wiim. I hope that makes sense.
Assuming you've already tried a rescan, I'd remove the album and perform a rescan (hopefully it will disappear from the listing) then add it back with album art that is correctly attributed to another album. If the temporary artwork now appears it could be something to do with the type/resolution/size of the original artwork.

So in this case i just create a new folder.jpg folder inside the album folder? And inside the folder.jpg is the album art? Or just rename the album art as “folder”?
All that's required is an image named folder.jpg in the folder that contains the tracks.
Embedded artwork and alternative naming conventions (cover.jpg I think) are supported, but folder.jpg has proven most compatible in my testing.

Assuming you've already tried a rescan, I'd remove the album and perform a rescan (hopefully it will disappear from the listing) then add it back with album art that is correctly attributed to another album. If the temporary artwork now appears it could be something to do with the type/resolution/size of the original artwork.

All that's required is an image named folder.jpg in the folder that contains the tracks.
Embedded artwork and alternative naming conventions (cover.jpg I think) are supported, but folder.jpg has proven most compatible in my testing.
Thanks for this. Adding the “folder.jpg” image worked on one album. I still have one album where this workaround didn’t work. I’ll try the “delete - rescan - add back” method later. Thanks for your reply!

Back