Audio Input dropping

saberger1

The last couple of days I've run into this problem. I can be playing something through one source on Input, and suddenly I lose sound. When I look to see if somehow the source got changed on the app, it hasn't, but the only way to get sound back to the original source is to change to another source, then change back to the source I want and sound returns.

I'll send a ticket but trying to see if this sounds familiar to anybody.

No, not familiar.

The abstraction level is possibly a bit too high to see a pattern. Does this happen with any source? There are so many ...

No, not familiar.

The abstraction level is possibly a bit too high to see a pattern. Does this happen with any source? There are so many ...
Not optical, but occasionally with Line In. But mostly with phono. Tends to happen between album cuts, but it can happen in the middle of song as well.

What is "abstraction level"?

Not optical, but occasionally with Line In. But mostly with phono. Tends to happen between album cuts, but it can happen in the middle of song as well.

What is "abstraction level"?
"I'm playing music through some source (but won't tell which one) and music will stop. I then select another source (but won't tell which one) and back to the original source and operation is back to normal for a period of time (which I do not or cannot specifiy)."

That's what I call describing a problem at a rather high abstraction level. :) It's all correct but lacking all the details that might cause other's attraction. By now we have left that abstraction level, but unfortunately I cannot help as I have never experienced the sound of the line of phono input dropping out within months.

If it happens again, send feedback to WiiM through the WiiM Home App, immediately. They might be able to see what's happening in your device logs.

The last couple of days I've run into this problem. I can be playing something through one source on Input, and suddenly I lose sound. When I look to see if somehow the source got changed on the app, it hasn't, but the only way to get sound back to the original source is to change to another source, then change back to the source I want and sound returns.

I'll send a ticket but trying to see if this sounds familiar to anybody.
Which wiim is this?

Sometimes people are discussing the Ultra in the Ultra's own sub-forum. I love it when that's happening.

"I'm playing music through some source (but won't tell which one) and music will stop. I then select another source (but won't tell which one) and back to the original source and operation is back to normal for a period of time (which I do not or cannot specifiy)."

That's what I call describing a problem at a rather high abstraction level. :) It's all correct but lacking all the details that might cause other's attraction. By now we have left that abstraction level, but unfortunately I cannot help as I have never experienced the sound of the line of phono input dropping out within months.

If it happens again, send feedback to WiiM through the WiiM Home App, immediately. They might be able to see what's happening in your device logs.
My apologies. I really didn't think the specific source mattered since it was happening on a couple of different ones. So again, mostly phono, and a couple of times with Line In. Haven't had the issue with optical for which I'm using with my TV, or Wi-Fi. I don't use the other input sources. And it's only been happening since I received the firmware update a couple days ago.

And yes it's the Ultra that the issue is happening with.

My apologies. I really didn't think the specific source mattered since it was happening on a couple of different ones. So again, mostly phono, and a couple of times with Line In. Haven't had the issue with optical for which I'm using with my TV, or Wi-Fi. I don't use the other input sources. And it's only been happening since I received the firmware update a couple days ago.

And yes it's the Ultra that the issue is happening with.
I'm not trying to nag you, it can make a whole lot of a difference. Physical inputs are treated much different from network sources, different network sources might behave differently and analogue inputs are not operating the same as digital physical inputs.

Also, the exact firmware version might be helpful, especially since we had quite a number or them, lately.

I'll try to keep an eye on this, but won't be able to play any records over the course of the week.

I'm not trying to nag you, it can make a whole lot of a difference. Physical inputs are treated much different from network sources, different network sources might behave differently and analogue inputs are not operating the same as digital physical inputs.

Also, the exact firmware version might be helpful, especially since we had quite a number or them, lately.

I'll try to keep an eye on this, but won't be able to play any records over the course of the week.
No worries. Appreciate the help.

Firmware is 5.2.627135

Back