Audio Sync and strange things

Steve251

Hi,

I have a Yamaha amp with Canon S70 Speakers attached.
WiiM Pro Plus
I also have a Sonos system. I cannot sync the audio automatically or manually.

From the WiiM app I use Airplay to connect to the Sonos.

However, if I try and sync automatically I actually lose all the sound once the auto sync finishes syncing and when I check the app the settings for the output have changed.
You would think changing it back would work but it takes a few minutes to changing various settings on audio in and out before it starts working again albeit out of synch

I also noticed that when I first start to use WiiM with my amp and i change the audio output to Airplay, it changees my amp from CD to Airplay but of course, then I could not hear anything

TIA

Steve

Hi,

I have a Yamaha amp with Canon S70 Speakers attached.
WiiM Pro Plus
I also have a Sonos system. I cannot sync the audio automatically or manually.

From the WiiM app I use Airplay to connect to the Sonos.

However, if I try and sync automatically I actually lose all the sound once the auto sync finishes syncing and when I check the app the settings for the output have changed.
You would think changing it back would work but it takes a few minutes to changing various settings on audio in and out before it starts working again albeit out of synch

Hi,

Auto sync of the WiiM home app is a feature for Linkplay multi-room music (MRM).

Would you like to use the Airplay output of the Pro plus to play sound from both the Canon S70 speakers and the Sonos? Unfortunately that is not possible, the WiiM can't listen to music on more than one output at the same time. You can do that by linking two WiiM devices with MRM.

Also, is it possible to group Sonos and WiiM together?
(I don't know about Sonos groups as I don't have Sonos.)

I also noticed that when I first start to use WiiM with my amp and i change the audio output to Airplay, it changees my amp from CD to Airplay but of course, then I could not hear anything
To which devices is the Airplay output of the WiiM amp connected?

Could you please provide a list of the device models you have, and a specific description of what you would like to do?

If you switch the "audio input" of the WiiM pro plus to AirPlay, can you use AirPlay for multiroom playback from both the WiiM and Sonos?
(Pro Plus "Audio output" to speakers).

Hi,

Auto sync of the WiiM home app is a feature for Linkplay multi-room music (MRM).

Would you like to use the Airplay output of the Pro plus to play sound from both the Canon S70 speakers and the Sonos? Unfortunately that is not possible, the WiiM can't listen to music on more than one output at the same time. You can do that by linking two WiiM devices with MRM.

Also, is it possible to group Sonos and WiiM together?
(I don't know about Sonos groups as I don't have Sonos.)

To which devices is the Airplay output of the WiiM amp connected?

Could you please provide a list of the device models you have, and a specific description of what you would like to do?
Hello, then I misunderstood what the sync was about. I just recall that when I first setup the Wiim Pro Plus and played some music out to my Sonos system it also played it on my speakers connected to my Yamaha Amp at the same time. This suggested to me that it had the ability to do so and that they sync was for that. I am therefore surpised that if this is not the case then why allow the music to play through both sets of speakers at all? It means that I have to turn down the volume on the amp.

As to the second issue, my amp is technically a receiver, model R-N602 and lots of odd things occur when I use it.

I use Apple Music and so have to use Airplay to output to my Sonos because I dont think that the WiiM is authorised to use the app.

When I choose Airplay like I say, it changes the source on my amp from CD to Airplay but then I get no sound. Changing it back to CD does work.

My WiiM app lists the following devices:

Living Room Arc
Office 300
Lounge
Soundbar

I actually only have two devices and a while ago I renamed Lounge to Living Room Arc.

I am unsure where Sound bar came from but even if I refresh it these stays there.

Having said that i have now refreshed it on the WiiM ap and only Living Room Arc and Office 300 show.

Also Sonos only allows me to group Sonos devices and not therefore the WiiM

Thanks

Steve

Hello, then I misunderstood what the sync was about. I just recall that when I first setup the Wiim Pro Plus and played some music out to my Sonos system it also played it on my speakers connected to my Yamaha Amp at the same time. This suggested to me that it had the ability to do so and that they sync was for that. I am therefore surpised that if this is not the case then why allow the music to play through both sets of speakers at all? It means that I have to turn down the volume on the amp.

I assume you initially sent AirPlay to the R-N602 and Sonos?

Are you connecting the WiiM's Line-Out to the R-N602's CD-IN?

If so, please try sending AirPlay to WiiM and Sonos. At this time, the input of the R-N602 is CD. And the audio output of WiiM is Line-out.

Sorry, I don't know much about AirPlay. Let's wait for someone else to help you.

You can’t group WiiM devices with Sonos unless they’re both AirPlay 2 targets from another source device i.e. they’re in effect in an AirPlay 2 group.

To get the Yamaha to group with the Sonos devices they’d need to be AirPlay targets from your Wiim, assuming the Yamaha supports airplay 2. If you are using the WiiM to output to such a group, it can’t use its physical output connections at the same time.

Edit: you could however use your phone to AirPlay audio from it to a group containing your Sonos speakers and your WiiM connected to your Yamaha, but not using the WiiM Home app.

Back