Auto sensing of Optical input

slartibartfast

Major Contributor
My TV is connected to the optical input. What would be the expected behaviour if the TV is already on when I power up the Amp which is disconnect from the mains when not in use? Should it switch to the optical input?

After playing an album via ethernet the input switched to TV a short time after the album ended. I played another album and this time the input did not switch to TV at the end of the album. This auto switching seems to be totally unreliable.

I have pro and the optical auto sensing is no longer working. I believe it changed at the last update.
Ticket is in.

Just checked the optical input sensing again after the latest firmware update. The Amp is just sitting in standby even though the TV box is active. Even unplugging the optical cable and replugging it doesn't wake up the Amp and switch to the optical input.

Just checked the optical input sensing again after the latest firmware update. The Amp is just sitting in standby even though the TV box is active. Even unplugging the optical cable and replugging it doesn't wake up the Amp and switch to the optical input.
Hi slartibartfast,

Please verify that the auto-sensing switch for the optical input is activated. If it is and still not functioning as expected, submit a feedback ticket through the WiiM Home App, and we will address it promptly. Note that simply unplugging and replugging the optical cable will not cause the device to switch to the optical input unless a valid signal is detected from this input.

Hi slartibartfast,

Please verify that the auto-sensing switch for the optical input is activated. If it is and still not functioning as expected, submit a feedback ticket through the WiiM Home App, and we will address it promptly. Note that simply unplugging and replugging the optical cable will not cause the device to switch to the optical input unless a valid signal is detected from this input.
Of course auto sensing is turned on and a valid signal is present on the optical input. How is auto sensing meant to work? If the optical signal is present continuously what should happen if I stop playing from the ethernet input? I did submit a feedback ticket number 505905

Of course auto sensing is turned on and a valid signal is present on the optical input. How is auto sensing meant to work? If the optical signal is present continuously what should happen if I stop playing from the ethernet input? I did submit a feedback ticket number 505905
If the optical signal is continuously present, the device will not switch to the optical input when you stop using the ethernet input. It needs to detect a change from no signal to a valid signal. We plan to update this logic in the next version. For now, you can follow these steps to make it work:

1. Stop the ethernet input.
2. Start the optical signal.

The device will then switch automatically.

If the optical signal is continuously present, the device will not switch to the optical input when you stop using the ethernet input. It needs to detect a change from no signal to a valid signal. We plan to update this logic in the next version. For now, you can follow these steps to make it work:

1. Stop the ethernet input.
2. Start the optical signal.

The device will then switch automatically.
Turning my Virgin TV box off and on again doesn't force it to switch to the optical input either though. I think it does switch if the Virgin TV box has been off for a long time in maximum power saving mode but not by switching to standby and on again.

Back