Bass Management Options

Mp0wer

Hello

I’m curious if we can get an option to set the high pass and low pass separately and also be able to set the crossover slope independently too.

Also does anyone know what the crossover slope is used for the subwoofer output and Line level output ?

The next development step regarding bass management, which has already been announced, is the ability to disable either the high pass filter for the mains or the low pass filter for the sub. Personally, I don't think that this is really of much use.

The current setup provides 24 dB/octave 4th order Linkwitz/Riley filters for high pass and low pass and one common crossover frequency, of course. While this approach offers somewhat limit flexibility it is still the best option in the vast majority of cases.

I agree that having full and independent control over the crossover frequency and filter type and slope would be a nice addition for advanced users. My Lyngdorf amp offers just that ... but also for me the default of LR4 and a common crossover setting turned out to work best. Your request would be far more useful than just skipping HP or LP. If I was in WiiM's shoes I wouldn't even care about bypassing the filters. But I would probably still assign a rather low priority to your request.

To sum it up, in principle I am with you and I will support this request. But I don't think it is essential and not that helpful (might even be potentially irritating) for the typical user.

Back