Subwoofer out filter options, or none?

fredofredo

Hey all,
I've tried to search on this topic, but what info I could find seems to be conflicting, and the online documentation isn't helpful either. I have standmount speakers being driven by the WiiM Amp, and I'm using an SVS SB1000 Pro subwoofer driven from the Amp's sub-out. I have activated the sub out in the WiiM phone app, and can adjust crossover point and output volume there. Now my questions:

1. Once activated, you'll get high pass to the mains, low pass to the sub. Can the crossover point be independently set for these two, or not?
2. Is the slope of the LPF, HPF, both or neither adjustable?
3. SVS has pretty advanced electronics for their subs including room correction, I'd prefer to do my filtering there if at all possible. That's why independent crossover points could be so helpful on the Amp. Set nice and high (200Hz+) for the sub-out, to let the sub electronics do their thing. But HPF set appropriately low (around 80Hz for my Meadowlarks) for the mains.
4. Because WiiM is implementing these filters in the digital domain, shouldn't it just be a software adjustment to offer this functionality on the units?

Interested in any info or insights, I want to get this figured out and nailed down, thanks............

Hey all,
I've tried to search on this topic, but what info I could find seems to be conflicting, and the online documentation isn't helpful either. I have standmount speakers being driven by the WiiM Amp, and I'm using an SVS SB1000 Pro subwoofer driven from the Amp's sub-out. I have activated the sub out in the WiiM phone app, and can adjust crossover point and output volume there. Now my questions:

1. Once activated, you'll get high pass to the mains, low pass to the sub. Can the crossover point be independently set for these two, or not?
2. Is the slope of the LPF, HPF, both or neither adjustable?
3. SVS has pretty advanced electronics for their subs including room correction, I'd prefer to do my filtering there if at all possible. That's why independent crossover points could be so helpful on the Amp. Set nice and high (200Hz+) for the sub-out, to let the sub electronics do their thing. But HPF set appropriately low (around 80Hz for my Meadowlarks) for the mains.
4. Because WiiM is implementing these filters in the digital domain, shouldn't it just be a software adjustment to offer this functionality on the units?

Interested in any info or insights, I want to get this figured out and nailed down, thanks............
Hi,

1. No
2. No
3. Therefore, I don't think you can achieve that with the WiiM amp. Can you use HPF with SVS you connect the speaker out of the amp to the SVS?
4. You can submit a ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app and request the features you want. 🙂

Thanks. As I surmised and you confirm, I can do what I prefer if I connect with speaker level inputs to the sub like with a REL sub. But if I want to stay digital, I have to use the WiiM for my filtering, OK. Not my preference so I'll submit a ticket if it helps......

Back