Beta Test: USB Output (Feature now publicly available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the only thing beta tester saying usb out does not work with sub out. I hope wiim could find a way to make it happen. I’m planning to use amp as streamer only using much improved dac out along with more powerful external amp.

I guess the only thing beta tester saying usb out does not work with sub out. I hope wiim could find a way to make it happen. I’m planning to use amp as streamer only using much improved dac out along with more powerful external amp.
How much power do you think you need? To achieve double the volume of the WiiM amp you will need 600W per channel 😀

How much power do you think you need? To achieve double the volume of the WiiM amp you will need 600W per channel 😀
The more the better just in case I want to run party here and there. I have another set of mono block amp rated 1k watt each.

Good points. Should have said “wired” outputs.
Hi Team,

We will carefully evaluate the feasibility of supporting USB out together with sub out. If it is feasible, we will add this support shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Thanks, WiiM team. Much appreciated!

I am awaiting the release of the new Amp Pro to simplify my set up, but I would retain my Teac UD-505 Dac/Headphone amp, so my use case is similar. Expanding the single USB Output using a hub to allow for input and output makes sense. If I simply used a USB Stick, for say 1TB of flac files (max.) AND connected a USB cable to output to the Teac's input I suspect that should all work fine, but would the power draw on the Wiim cause a problem, or does the Teac look after it's own business as far as as power is concerned?
Is that a non issue in reality?
I think PEQ done in the digital domain, adjusting the signal to the Teac would be a desirable feature if that is, I assume, sorted for the Amp Pro.
Presume any Room Correction settings done for outputs is mainly concerned with RCA Phono and Speaker Outputs and those settings wouldn't affect the USB Output?
Thanks.
Requested the beta firmware yesterday for my Amp and it arrived overnight - don’t recall the update saying anything other than it was for USB Out.

First fleeting thoughts:

1. As mentioned before, it does allow the use of both USB Media input and USB Output at the same time thru the use of a USB hub. I used this cheap hub ( www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0CQRN5CB9/ ) and a usb y-splitter to both power my external SSD drive and feed the USB Audio to my Linn amp. Indeed, I even played some tracks from the USB drive back out thru to my amp with no issues.

2. The Audio Settings for USB Out are rather scant compared to optical&digital out - just Volume Limit, Audio Channel, Volume Balance, and Fade-in & Fade-out Effects. Thinking about it a bit more, the audio stream I guess is different - for USB, it’s still in effect a “data” stream rather than the PCM stereo stream the others produce. That probably explains the reduced set of settings, why volume levels differ and why (in contradiction to what I presumed earlier) EQ/PEQ aren’t applied to USB Out.

Hi Team,

We will carefully evaluate the feasibility of supporting USB out together with sub out. If it is feasible, we will add this support shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Any information on this if it’s possible to have sub out and usb out at same time?

I just made my wiim amp just streamer with usb out and able to upgrade to external dac with powerful power amp. Elevated sound experience. Thanks wiim for another awesome feature.

Does anyone having issue if wiim amp goes on standby and when you assume to play the audio out revert back to speaker out?

Yes, the amp do not memorize the last setting and going back to random. @admin kindly support
The best way to get WiiM to react is to raise a ticket thru the settings/feedback section of the WiiM Home app. This is primarily a user forum that’s infrequently visited by members of the WiiM team so isn’t the ideal place to report issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back