BT Connectivity. My Wiim pro plus does not connect to Sony GTK XB7 via Bluetooth. if it does, sound is choppy and patchy. Any advise is much appreciat

Optimus

My Wiim pro plus does not connect to Sony GTK XB7 via Bluetooth. if it does, sound is choppy and patchy. Any advise is much appreciated.

You win the award for the longest thread title on the forum ;).

Does the Pro+ connect to something else ok? Does the Sony connect to something else ok? Have you tried a wired RCA connection to ensure both ends are capable of good sound? Are they far apart or easily within Bluetooth range (30ft I think)? Bluetooth is susceptible to interference especially from other 2.4GHz comms such as wireless networks so do you have other such electronics close to either device?
As a side note, bluetooth sucks for sound quality being so lossy (especially when WiiM doesn't do aptx etc.), do you have an alternative that would work?

BT is a thorny issue and there have been numerous reports of problems - e.g. https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/bluetooth-stutter.1806/post-55337

The issues that I experience with my Pro and Amp and BT have never been experienced on other devices - even cheap products. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a solution that WiiM can come up with to resolve the problem and since they won't share if / how they are trying to resolve the problem then there is just a frustrating wall of silence. Tickets are not updated despite reminders being issued. The whole issue is a real shame as the devices show so much potential.

Steve

My Wiim pro plus does not connect to Sony GTK XB7 via Bluetooth. if it does, sound is choppy and patchy. Any advise is much appreciated.

BT is a thorny issue and there have been numerous reports of problems - e.g. https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/bluetooth-stutter.1806/post-55337

The issues that I experience with my Pro and Amp and BT have never been experienced on other devices - even cheap products. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a solution that WiiM can come up with to resolve the problem and since they won't share if / how they are trying to resolve the problem then there is just a frustrating wall of silence. Tickets are not updated despite reminders being issued. The whole issue is a real shame as the devices show so much potential.

Steve
Are the issues only with some BT devices? My Denon Envaya Mini seems fine.

There are mixed reports, some users advise that all is fine for them, others (like me) have nothing but problems.

Steve

There are mixed reports, some users advise that all is fine for them, others (like me) have nothing but problems.

Steve
Bluetooth shares the ISM band with LOTS of other devices including WiFi. As well, the largest power emitter will stomp on signals from lower power emitters. So basically, Bluetooth gets trampled if there are other signals (close enough and emitting enough power at that range). It's all about the local RF conditions between your Bluetooth emitting device and your WiiM device. From LinkPlay/WiiM's perspective, they're provided a Bluetooth feature, but there's nothing that they can do about your RF environment.

Output power of Bluetooth class 2 devices (10m range) is 0.25 - 2.4 mW.

Output power of WiFi can be in the range of 30-100 mW

Back