Build in Amazon App - Noise during play via Coax out.

Mp70

I use the coax digital out to connect a pair of Neuman Monitors.
When I play Music over the Built in Amazon App I have noise and when the music starts it sounds distorted.

This happens only with WiiM build in Amazon App. iPad Amazon Music App via Chromcast or AirPlay doesn’t have this issue.

Does someone here has the same problem?

What output resolution have you set for the coax output in the WiiM Home app, and what resolution do your monitors supposedly support? If you use ChromeCast or AirPlay, then all you’ll get is a max of 16/44.1 which if they play ok would suggest your monitors can’t handle the higher res the Amazon Music page in the WiiM Home app can output.

Hi,

I tried diffrent resolutions and also switch off Volume restriction - no success.

Correct, Chromcast and Airplay do not support Hires, Airplay max. 48khz, though. No 96/192khz at all.

What works is stream via Amazon extra App, connected to Alexa - then I am able to stream full Hires with no noise at all but I must use Amazon extra App.

Build in Amazon App has noise disortion - very clear audible when going close to the speaker and listen.

Hi,

I tried diffrent resolutions and also switch off Volume restriction - no success.

Correct, Chromcast and Airplay do not support Hires, Airplay max. 48khz, though. No 96/192khz at all.

What works is stream via Amazon extra App, connected to Alexa - then I am able to stream full Hires with no noise at all but I must use Amazon extra App.

Build in Amazon App has noise disortion - very clear audible when going close to the speaker and listen.

WiiM home app is not playing music.

1. playback by AlexaCast from Amazon music app.
2 .WiiM app playing Amazon music.

Both 1 and 2 play music downloaded streaming directly from Amazon's servers by the WiiM device. Therefore, the sound quality of 1 and 2 is basically the same. If there is a difference, there may be other causes.

What track on Amazon music causes noise when played? Post your case here and someone will confirm it for you.

Last edited:
WiiM home app is not playing music.

1. playback by AlexaCast from Amazon music app.
2 .WiiM app playing Amazon music.

Both 1 and 2 play music downloaded directly from Amazon's servers by the WiiM device. Therefore, the sound quality of 1 and 2 is basically the same. If there is a difference, there may be other causes.

What track on Amazon music causes noise when played? Post your case here and someone will confirm it for you.
There is no special Track, all tracks. Wiim App - noise persitent during play, not loud but hearable, disortion few seconds when starting a song.

Amazon App Ipad via Alexa Hires - perfect clear.

There is no special Track, all tracks. Wiim App - noise persitent during play, not loud but hearable, disortion few seconds when starting a song.

Amazon App Ipad via Alexa Hires - perfect clear.
What happens if you open Amazon music in the WiiM home app and turn off HD/UHD in the settings?
(i.e. it plays in SD).

Do you still hear a difference between AlexaCast and the WiiM app in that case?

I did further investigations...

What I wrote was not complete correct.

Correction:

Noise, Disortion comes when playing a 44khz/16bit Track and the Amazon App (wiim or standalone doesnt matter) is able for Hires Transfer (happens with wiim app and standalone Alexa Cast connected because both can play Hires)

No Noise, Disortion when playing a 44khz/16bit Track when the chain can only deliver LowRes (Happens with chromcast connected because it can only play lowres)

In short: Hires Music has no Problem at all when played in Hires. If I play lowres Music and the chain is ready for Hires - Noise, Disortion

Doesn't matter if I switch the coax out to Lowres or that Amazon App to lowres.

Last edited:
I did further investigations...

What I wrote was not complete correct.

Correction:

Noise, Disortion comes when playing a 44khz/16bit Track and the Amazon App (wiim or standalone doesnt matter) is able for Hires Transfer (happens with wiim app and standalone Alexa Cast connected because both can play Hires)

No Noise, Disortion when playing a 44khz/16bit Track when the chain can only deliver LowRes (Happens with chromcast connected because it can only play lowres)

In short: Hires Music has no Problem at all when played in Hires. If I play lowres Music and the chain is ready for Hires - Noise, Disortion

Doesn't matter if I switch the coax out to Lowres or that Amazon App to lowres.

Is there a problem with your Neuman monitor?

Think not
Because when I play Amazon over Chromecast (restricted to 44khz) there is no disortion at all - perfect clear

Strange - I get even disorted sound when I play the build in piano sound after switch the coax to 44khz

set it back to higher then 44khz piano sound plays perfect

Strange - I get even disorted sound when I play the build in piano sound after switch the coax to 44khz

set it back to higher then 44khz piano sound plays perfect
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please try using the SPDIF optical output and check for any sound distortion. If the sound is clear, it indicates that the coaxial output port on your device may be faulty. In this case, we will need to exchange your device for a new one.

Replaced the WiiM - same Issue with a new unit.
Noise, distortion, static when playing a 44khz 16bit track.
Even hearable with piano sound when switching the coax resolution to 44khz.

Found a Threat with exact same Problem described

Thread 'WiiM Pro Coax out - sudden noise issues'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-pro-coax-out-sudden-noise-issues.1431/

Seems I am not the only one to deal with it. Solution?
Did you try the workaround/ solution suggested there?

lowering the volume limit doesnt change anything at all :-(
That thread proposes the opposite, no? Leaving the volume limit at 100%.

If you already had that there might be nothing to try out.

Sorry thats what I meant - Volume Limit setting doesnt Change anything in regards of 44khz noise.

Back