Can’t connect to Amazon Music

Steve Woodhouse

Major Contributor
A WiiM Mini owner, I cast from my iPhone to my Mini over Wi-Fi, no problem.

But I’m struggling to get Amazon Music on my iPhone to find my new Ultra.

Can’t find the Ultra on the Alexa app, either.

Any tips? Ideas?

Cheers.

Have you linked to Alexa and Amazon Music under Manage Services for the Ultra? You need to connect services per device not per WiiM Home app instance.

Have you linked to Alexa and Amazon Music under Manage Services for the Ultra? You need to connect services per device not per WiiM Home app instance.

Cheers. Step by step, how do I do that? I’ve opened the WiiM App, scrolled down to Music Services, clicked on Manage, both Amazon Music and Amazon Alexa are on.

Cheers. Step by step, how do I do that? I’ve opened the WiiM App, scrolled down to Music Services, clicked on Manage, both Amazon Music and

In the WiiM Home app devices screen, choose your device so that it’s highlighted. Then go to Browse and do the linking. The browse page will show the services you have linked for your chosen device as well as, for example, the list of its inputs at the bottom of the screen - in other words, the browse page contents are specific to the device you have selected, not an overview of all the services for all devices you have.

In the WiiM Home app devices screen, choose your device so that it’s highlighted. Then go to Browse and do the linking. The browse page will show the services you have linked for your chosen device as well as, for example, the list of its inputs at the bottom of the screen - in other words, the browse page contents are specific to the device you have selected, not an overview of all the services for all devices you have.

Nope, I’ve tried everything. Uninstalling, reinstalling, both apps.

Can you confirm. You say:

“In the WiiM Home app devices screen, choose your device so that it’s highlighted..,”

Okay, great.

“Then go to Browse…”

SCREECH! Let’s hold on a minutes.

To go to ‘browse’, I have to COME OUT of the device. Am I missing something?

Yep, but if you have more than one WiiM device (and you do) you still have to tell WiiM Home which one to use for the next action to follow on the Browse tab. Select the Ultra, so its "tile" is highlighted and hit Browse.

Nope, I’ve tried everything. Uninstalling, reinstalling, both apps.

Can you confirm. You say:

“In the WiiM Home app devices screen, choose your device so that it’s highlighted..,”

Okay, great.

“Then go to Browse…”

SCREECH! Let’s hold on a minutes.

You may well have come out of the devices tab, but you should still see the ultra selected in the now playing bar above the bottom row of tab icons, so when you then go into the Browse page you’ll see the music services, presets etc associated with the Ultra and that’s where you link the services you want for the Ultra. As I mentioned, if you scroll down to the bottom of the Browse page you’ll see a different set of inputs than you’d normally see if it had been your mini you had selected on the devices tab.

Yep, but if you have more than one WiiM device (and you do) you still have to tell WiiM Home which one to use for the next action to follow on the Browse tab. Select the Ultra, so its "tile" is highlighted and hit Browse.

Right.

A lot of these instructions are possibly missing out steps.

Please, step-by-step, with every click accounted for.

Many, many thanks.

1. Open WiiM home app
2. Select Device on bottom row
3. You should see two rectangles above - one showing your Mini, and the other showing your Ultra. Tap on that rectangle beside the Ultra’s name so the rectangle is now highlighted and the Ultra also appears in the Now Playing bar on the row above the bottom row of icons.
4. Select Browse from that bottom row which will then show My library, Music service etc. The Now Playing bar will still show it’s the Ultra we’re dealing with.
5. Scroll down and select Amazon Alexa under Music Services.
6. Enter your Amazon/Alexa credentials as you must have done for the Mini.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for Amazon Music

The Ultra should then appear both in the Alexa and Amazon Music apps.

If that fails, find a teenager to help you 😜😂

You may well have come out of the devices tab, but you should still see the ultra selected in the now playing bar above the bottom row of tab icons, so when you then go into the Browse page you’ll see the music services, presets etc associated with the Ultra and that’s where you link the services you want for the Ultra. As I mentioned, if you scroll down to the bottom of the Browse page you’ll see a different set of inputs than you’d normally see if it had been your mini you had selected on the devices tab.

Nope, not getting me anywhere.

I go to devices. Ultra is highlighted

Go to Browse.

Amazon Music is enabled.

Amazon Alexa says “Enable”.

I go in there.

There doesn’t appear to be any way to enable it.

It says “Go into preferred speaker’. I go to that, it takes my to the Alexa app.

The Ultra isn’t listed.

Nope, not getting me anywhere.

I go to devices. Ultra is highlighted

Go to Browse.

Amazon Music is enabled.

Amazon Alexa says “Enable”.

I go in there.

There doesn’t appear to be any way to enable it.

It says “Go into preferred speaker’. I go to that, it takes my to the Alexa app.

The Ultra isn’t listed.
The legend “Enable” is wrong and I’ve bug reported it - it should say “Enabled” as it does in the Android WiiM Home app to signify that you have linked Alexa to your device.

If we ignore that misleading label for the moment, does the Amazon Alexa page show a large “Sign Out” icon? If so you are linked. Check the cog settings icon on that page to check it shows English (UK/IE) just to be sure there’s not an issue there.

In the Alexa app, do you see your Mini under its devices page under device type Echo & Alexa? That’s where I’d expect to see the Ultra.

Are you using the same Amazon Music and Alexa credentials you used for your Mini?

1. Open WiiM home app

DONE THAT
2. Select Device on bottom row

DONE THAT
3. You should see two rectangles above - one showing your Mini, and the other showing your Ultra. Tap on that rectangle beside the Ultra’s name so the rectangle is now highlighted and the Ultra also appears in the Now Playing bar on the row above the bottom row of icons.

DONE THAT

4. Select Browse from that bottom row which will then show My library, Music service etc. The Now Playing bar will still show it’s the Ultra we’re dealing with.

DONE THAT

5. Scroll down and select Amazon Alexa under Music Services.

DONE THAT
6. Enter your Amazon/Alexa credentials as you must have done for the Mini.

DID THAT FOR MINI - STILL SHOWS AS LOGGED IN (button says “Sign out”, so I’m definitely in).

7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for Amazon Music

The Ultra should then appear both in the Alexa and Amazon Music apps.

AGAIN, STILL SHOWS AS SIGNED IN

If that fails, find a teenager to help you 😜😂

From 25 years teaching in secondary school, and the last few years in general practice, showing new school leavers how to use IT, trust me, this is a myth.

The legend “Enable” is wrong and I’ve bug reported it - it should say “Enabled” as it does in the Android WiiM Home app to signify that you have linked Alexa to your device.

If we ignore that misleading label for the moment, does the Amazon Alexa page show a large “Sign Out” icon? If so you are linked. Check the cog settings icon on that page to check it shows English (UK/IE) just to be sure there’s not an issue there.

YES, YES, and YES. All signed in.
In the Alexa app, do you see your Mini under its devices page under device type Echo & Alexa? That’s where I’d expect to see the Ultra.

Under Devices, I see the Mini, not the Ultra.
Are you using the same Amazon Music and Alexa credentials you used for your Mini?

Absolutely.

Re 6, even though you did that for the Mini, while you have the Ultra selected I’d sign out and try signing back in to Alexa.

You do appear to have gone thru what should be done, and tbh I’ve not hit an issue doing it for all my WiiMs. There’s clearly something weird going on…

If I hear Tracy Chapman’s Fast Car one more time while setting this up, I’m going to strap her into Stuntman Mike’s ‘71 Challenger. :ROFLMAO:

If we’ve hit a brick wall, I’d suggest a reboot or a factory reset of the Ultra and going thru the above steps again, and if all that fails, then the inevitable ticket submission to WiiM is our last resort.

Unless @Wiimer can spot the obvious omission in our efforts….

Re 6, even though you did that for the Mini, while you have the Ultra selected I’d sign out and try signing back in to Alexa.

You do appear to have gone thru what should be done, and tbh I’ve not hit an issue doing it for all my WiiMs. There’s clearly something weird going on…

Cheers. Any idea how I sign out? It’s not immediately obvious.

On the Alexa app, if I go into Devices the Ultra isn’t there. If I go into Settings, then Device Settings, the Ultra is there.

Back