Can’t get Qobuz above cd quality on my ultra

Surely, someone using chromecast will tell you if there is some more setting for chromecast.
Forgive me I'll back to home at end of August...

It’s weird I thought chromecast was supposed to do 24/96. But starts at cd quality no matter what. Audio quality settings are maxed out.
Play test audio on wiim app and see if you can hear it. If your toslink with coax then report back.

There’s currently an issue with Chromecast and the Ultra
Just the Ultra in the wiim range, but other non-wiim streamers too that are using the castlite protocol.
For me, non-gapless (gapfull?) is far more of an issue than sample rate!
Still, hoping the boffins can get it sorted soon.

It sounds frustrating! Since the Wiim app streams in full resolution, it could be an issue with the Qobuz app's Chromecast integration. You might want to check if there's an app update or adjust the streaming settings in Qobuz. Also, try rebooting your router and Chromecast. If that doesn’t help, using the Wiim app might be the best workaround for now.
As in another thread, the issue has already been mentioned in earlier comments in this thread - there's an issue with the Ultra's implementation of Chromecast/Castlite. It's nothing to do with Qobuz, app updates or the router. Please read the thread comments :)

As in another thread, the issue has already been mentioned in earlier comments in this thread - there's an issue with the Ultra's implementation of Chromecast/Castlite. It's nothing to do with Qobuz, app updates or the router. Please read the thread comments :)
Correct!

Back