Can you stream HDMI eARC to other WiiM Amps?

Can you stream HDMI eARC from one WiiM Amp to other WiiM Amps?
It's not earc, just arc.
If the two (or more) wiims are in a wiim group, then yes.
However, hdmi input is normally audio from a tv - the delay introduced by being in a group would almost certainly mean significant lip sync issues.

However, hdmi input is normally audio from a tv - the delay introduced by being in a group would almost certainly mean significant lip sync issues.

Doesn't HDMI-ARC allow the sink device (WiiM Amp) to report audio latency back to the TV so that it can adjust the video output accordingly? Do the WiiM Amps not do this correctly?

If the two (or more) wiims are in a wiim group, then yes.

If I understand it, the WiiM groups need to be created on-the-fly using the WiiM app? And that persistent groups are going to be introduced soon?

Doesn't HDMI-ARC allow the sink device (WiiM Amp) to report audio latency back to the TV so that it can adjust the video output accordingly? Do the WiiM Amps not do this correctly?
I agree with @Mr Ee about the latency, but to be honest I am not sure. Perhaps a manual sync between the two WiiMs might eliminate the delay. (Both units are adjusted minus.)

However, my WiiM amp currently has beta firmware and the audio sync section is gone so I can't test it.

In my previous testing, when I plugged the WiiM amp into my TV and played back on MRM, I got a delay of 1 second, and since the manual sync on the WiiM can only be adjusted down to -1 second, it may be difficult to eliminate the delay completely.

I will have to try this and would be happy if someone else tests it.

Edit;
Sorry, after a little testing, I was able to eliminate most of the TV delay with manual synchronization, but it had to be readjusted every time I switched inputs. Thus this method is not practical.

If I understand it, the WiiM groups need to be created on-the-fly using the WiiM app? And that persistent groups are going to be introduced soon?

Persistent groups will be introduced soon, but we do not yet know when that will actually happen.

Last edited:
What is MRM?
Multi-room music.

I added this to my earlier post, but in any case, my suggestion does not seem practical...

-------
after a little testing, I was able to eliminate most of the TV delay with manual synchronization, but it had to be readjusted every time I switched inputs. Thus this method is not practical.

Multi-room music.

I added this to my earlier post, but in any case, my suggestion does not seem practical...

-------
after a little testing, I was able to eliminate most of the TV delay with manual synchronization, but it had to be readjusted every time I switched inputs. Thus this method is not practical.
OK. I am still waiting for a way to sync my TV sound on the WiiM Amp using the optical input.

As a side note, WiiM amp did not support audio sync. I had it confused with other WiiM devices.

I checked with the WiiM Team and they said It is a bug that the sync audio section shows up when amp is linked as MRM client.

1000006283.jpg

As a side note, WiiM amp did not support audio sync. I had it confused with other WiiM devices.

I checked with the WiiM Team and they said It is a bug that the sync audio section shows up when amp is linked as MRM client.

View attachment 8872
Back in early June they had this to say.

"I discussed your issue with our team, and we will be adding an A/V Sync feature to allow you to adjust the overall audio output latency on the amp. Please stay tuned for updates!"

Back in early June they had this to say.

"I discussed your issue with our team, and we will be adding an A/V Sync feature to allow you to adjust the overall audio output latency on the amp. Please stay tuned for updates!"
I hope it can be done, but perhaps it may not be easy to implement, as different delay amounts would need to be configurable for HDMI and optical inputs only.

I hope it can be done, but perhaps it may not be easy to implement, as different delay amounts would need to be configurable for HDMI and optical inputs only.
Just make it configurable per input like volume, easy 😀. I found I could sync my main speakers to the TV but obviously couldn't sync the subwoofer at the same time.

So I purchased a bunch of Wiim Amps, it does work, but as anticipated by others, the AV sync is terrible when grouping to a Wiim Amp playing HDMI-ARC. I'm not entirely surprised, since synchronizing audio across multiple Wiims over the network necessitates an increase in latency.

I'm not sure if Wiim can communicate the audio latency back up to the connected TV through the HDMI-ARC channel, but if it can, I'd like to see that improvement and would be willing to use Wiim Amps if this improvement was made. In the current state, however, I'll have to return them and pursue a multizone amplifier and controller, to be able to stream my TV audio across the house, and find another solution for streaming music.

Last edited:
Back