Can't play 192khz 24 bit on Wiim Pro

Abyde

I have a Wiim Pro going into a Schiit Modi+ via optical out and I cannot get 192khz/24 bit music to play from Tidal.

It will play for a brief second then cut out completely. Same thing happens when I play the test song in Wiim Home.

Lower bitrates play fine and I can play the high res files on my phone with no problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Update: I can play the high res audio from my laptop to the Wiim/Schiit with no issues. Maybe it's a limitation of my Galaxy S10+?

I have a Wiim Pro going into a Schiit Modi+ via optical out and I cannot get 192khz/24 bit music to play from Tidal.

It will play for a brief second then cut out completely. Same thing happens when I play the test song in Wiim Home.

Lower bitrates play fine and I can play the high res files on my phone with no problem.

Any help would be appreciated!
I have 2 schiit and both are finicky on optical. I suggest use coax.

I have 2 schiit and both are finicky on optical. I suggest use coax.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I think it may have something to with the fact that I'm able to connect to the Wiim via Chromecast Audio on my laptop but the only option for connecting to it on my phone is Tidal Connect.

I figured it out. Instead of selecting the Wiim within Tidal I have to cast my audio via the Google Home app. Now the high res files play perfectly.

I figured it out. Instead of selecting the Wiim within Tidal I have to cast my audio via the Google Home app. Now the high res files play perfectly.
I think this will reduce the audio quality won't it ? TIDAL connect should be the best you can get. I second the recommendation to try coax or a different optical cable.

Back