Can't rename

chrispw

I want to rename my Wiim Mini but when I try to do so the rename is greyed out and if I tap on it it says "Edit this name using the Home app" over the top of where the Audio Settings option is. Any ideas?

I want to rename my Wiim Mini but when I try to do so the rename is greyed out and if I tap on it it says "Edit this name using the Home app" over the top of where the Audio Settings option is. Any ideas?

Is this the screen you are looking at?

Device Settings (gear icon) > Rename
Screenshot_2024-06-15-19-04-52-437_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

If you change your name in the Apple Home App, you won't be able to rename it in the WiiM Home App. Any further name changes will need to be made directly in the Apple Home App.

Off-topic.

I have renamed all WiiM devices in the Alexa app, but still can rename it in WHA. (I think this is because they are independent of each other.)

Strange that Apple Home does not work as well. Is that an Apple issue?

Off-topic.

I have renamed all WiiM devices in the Alexa app, but still can rename it in WHA. (I think this is because they are independent of each other.)

Strange that Apple Home does not work as well. Is that an Apple issue?
Yes, once the name is changed in the Apple Home App, any subsequent name changes made in the WiiM Home App will not be reflected properly in the Apple Home App. You will need to use the Apple Home App for all future name changes.

Back