Changing volume from Spotify app causes all devices in a group to sync volumes

KidDrew

I have 6 WiiM Minis in a group that I'm controlling from Spotify with the volume on each device set to a different level. If I change the volume within Spotify it causes every device in the group to set to the same volume and even unmutes zones that I have muted. I would expect changing the volume in Spotify to change only the group volume, not the volume of each individual device. Is the behavior I'm seeing normal?

I have 6 WiiM Minis in a group that I'm controlling from Spotify with the volume on each device set to a different level. If I change the volume within Spotify it causes every device in the group to set to the same volume and even unmutes zones that I have muted. I would expect changing the volume in Spotify to change only the group volume, not the volume of each individual device. Is the behavior I'm seeing normal?
Yes, it looks like the bug is lurking in either Spotify Connect or WiiM MRM as you mentioned. In my testing, the problem did not occur when the volume on all the WiiM devices was the same. In other words, when the volume was increased by 10% on the phone, the volume on all WiiMs increased by 10%.

However, if the volume on each device was different, adjusting the volume on the phone would cause a difference in the volume change on each device.

Please submit a support ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app. A log of your device will be sent with it to help resolve the issue.

Back