Chromecast Pro/Mini link

Dhaskell

I know the Mini does not support chromecast, but in the past I was able to link my pro to my mini, then chromecast to my PRO, which then casted to my mini.

This feature worked for a bit but doesn't seem to work anymore. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

I've no idea if this worked in the past, but I tried today linking a Pro with a Mini and it wouldn't work with Chromecast as the source. Whether this is by design or a glitch in the system who knows?

I've no idea if this worked in the past, but I tried today linking a Pro with a Mini and it wouldn't work with Chromecast as the source. Whether this is by design or a glitch in the system who knows?
I’d imagine by design - a pro and a mini together aren’t a ChromeCast group so I wouldn’t expect them to accept a ChromeCast stream.

I’d imagine by design - a pro and a mini together aren’t a ChromeCast group so I wouldn’t expect them to accept a ChromeCast stream.
That's most likely the case. I just thought I'd try using the Pro as the master and the mini as the slave, assuming that's how the linking works, if the Pro would pass on the decoded stream on. Obviously not.

I linked the devices in the WiiM app, then streamed to the Pro.

It is possible I was accidentally airplaying to the Pro, but I am pretty sure I repeated it from a chrome tab and a few other devices.

Back