Connect Amp to Symphonisk over wifi?

Temp

Hi All,

I'm new to WiiM, thought I had done my homework, but I guess not. I purchased a WiimAmp a week ago hoping to connect to my turntable and passive speakers and to a pair a set of Ikea Symfonisk one floor below.

My understanding was that these are LinkPlay speaks and should be able to be seen by the amp with no other WiiM devices involved. Am I totally wrong in this understanding? Is this an issue because of the most recent firmware update and the removal of AirPlay?

Just to note, the turntable sounds amazing though the amp.

Thanks for any help.

The upcoming DLNA Cast feature might help you (although I’m not 100% sure about symfonisk dlna support) but note that you will only be able to either play to the Amp’s speakers or to the Symfonisk speakers, not all at the same time no matter which wireless method.

If you wish to discuss the airplay matter further, please raise a ticket direct to WiiM via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM home app.

The upcoming DLNA Cast feature might help you (although I’m not 100% sure about symfonisk dlna support) but note that you will only be able to either play to the Amp’s speakers or to the Symfonisk speakers, not all at the same time no matter which wireless method.

If you wish to discuss the airplay matter further, please raise a ticket direct to WiiM via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM home app.
Thanks. I submitted a ticket last night.

Back